Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what would be the cause? I press the talk (voice command) button, then there is a voice prompt, saying it can be interpreted, then I press the same button again to say either "navigation", or "phone call", or whatever the standard command is, it always responds "pardon", followed by "no command is heard". I did another Garmin update without sucess. I have already made an appointment with dealer, but just didn't want them to find out some simple things I omitted and charge me for the time. I have Honda extended warranty on it, and if it's a real issue, it would be covered.

·
Registered
291 Posts
It probably has not been able to decode or translate what you're saying - you can't say it is not working if it is giving you all of those responses or feedback. Have you gone through the manual to learn of the commands it recognizes?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all for replying. I read the manual again and tried. Here is what I did and the response from the head unit:
Press the talk button, instructions on how it works, and wait for a beep;
Waited for a beep, say "navigation", loud and clear, it immediately replied (did not wait for my full sentence finished), "pardon?... no command was heard. " and more instructions on how it works.
I tried to do the same, either wait for a beep, or press the talk once again (if you don't want to wait for a beep, this is allowed according to instructions). Response was exactly the same, not waiting for my command to finish, the it says "pardon? No command was heard".

I tried almost all the available commands in yellow on the screen, no go. Please let me know if anything I missed anything here. I remember it worked a year or two ago. Haven't done anything to it except maybe one or two maintenance at a dealer. Will see what they say next week.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update on this:

Went to a dealer for an oil and filter change, plus auto idle start/stop not working, and voice command not working. Was told to leave car there for most of the day. Just before 5:00 pm (left car there 9:30 am), was told car ready. They charged up the battery for an hour and auto start/stop worked after; tech did not find anything wrong with voice command.

Went in and was told $69.00 for charging the battery and diagnostics; voice command working fine.

I asked them to show me how to use it, and one guy went in car and tried a few times, no go, just like what I experienced. Asked them to find the "super" tech, no one showed up. I couldn't wait and went in and asked the advisor to have a look. He tried many times without success. But he suggested to do a factory reset of the head unit. After the reset, voice command worked well. No charge for this one!

The extended warranty had no use here! Honda, not buying your cars again!!

After took it home, contacted the original sales guy, and he argued that the diagnostic fees are legitimate. I asked him what that extended warranty cover, he argued that a dealer tech must do a diagnostic check before it can be determined. Needless to say that they don't want to tell you what is covered, and what is not. You must be willing to lose the service fee before they can tell you yes or no. Not a happy camper on this one, although it was not a large amount of money, it's just the way Honda handles the warranty and extended warranty.

Sorry for the rant and long story.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts