Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
81 - 100 of 126 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Never said I was a good speller.
Dang Dyslexia.

May just go to the dealer, only 2 1/2 miles away.
For that 06?
The Wal-Mart for VML would be a better choice. 馃榿馃憤

Reactions: plplplpl

Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 227,700 Miles
Maybe you would like to discuss Coolant in this thread? Would you dare go green? :p
Wow!! Quite the thread!! Will be making a trip to Walmart for distilled water. Have you used the engine block drain plug to drain/flush the coolant? My FSM shows doing it that way. Maybe there is a quicker easier way?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
No, for the TB parts.
Get my VML at Menards.
I'd discourage getting the Gates/Unitta timing belt from the dealership. They've had their problems.
What's got you worried with the Aisin kit (TKH-002)? The Koyo bearings are the same Honda uses? Why pay more?

Reactions: plplplpl

Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
I'd discourage getting the Gates/Unitta timing belt from the dealership. They've had their problems.
What's got you worried with the Aisin kit (TKH-002)? The Koyo bearings are the same Honda uses? Why pay more?
So the dealers aren't carrying OEM parts?
Doesn't include some of the parts I need to get.
N.A.P.A. near me (15 miles) has the Aisin kit. (Spelled it right this time)
I've got what's labeled a KOYO bearing frozen to the broke bolt.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
So the dealers aren't carrying OEM parts?
Doesn't include some of the parts I need to get.
N.A.P.A. near me (15 miles) has the Aisin kit. (Spelled it right this time)
I've got what's labeled a KOYO bearing frozen to the broke bolt.
Yes, Napa sells the Aisin kit, but they're like $100 higher than RockAuto with 5% off code.

If money is no object. Yes you can order all your OEM parts from the dealership. It will cost $100s more.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Wow!! Quite the thread!! Will be making a trip to Walmart for distilled water. Have you used the engine block drain plug to drain/flush the coolant? My FSM shows doing it that way. Maybe there is a quicker easier way?
Using the drain plug on the block can save you some time. Less distilled water flushing would be needed to remove old coolant. After draining the block and radiator, it takes about 2 gallons to fill the system. I'd flush with pure distilled at least once. Run the engine with the the climate control on high heat, until cooling fans come on, circulating distilled water through the system. Drain again. Add your coolant with your desired mix.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Just wanted to say that for all those who are a stickler for a precise 50/50 mix, using concentrate is never perfect. By researching the capacity of your system, minus what you drain out, you can calculate really close. I'd calculate that on the initial drain. Don't forget to calculate a full overflow bottle. I'd say I'm more on the 60/40 ratio than 50/50 to insure my system is protected. This method is not as hard as it sounds and I like knowing all my old coolant has been removed. The low cost is a bonus.

Reactions: ConrodM and aggrex

Registered
Add full concecoolant with your desired mix.
[/
Just wanted to say that for all those who are a stickler for a precise 50/50 mix, using concentrate is never perfect. By researching the capacity of your system, minus what you drain out, you can calculate really close. I'd calculate that on the initial drain. Don't forget to calculate a full overflow bottle. I'd say I'm more on the 60/40 ratio than 50/50 to insure my system is protected. This method is not as hard as it sounds and I like knowing all my old coolant has been removed. The low cost is a bonus.
Since one cannot easily remove all the distilled water after flushing adding concentrate at half the cooling system capacity gets real close.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Since one cannot easily remove all the distilled water after flushing adding concentrate at half the cooling system capacity gets real close.
Looks like an 05 has a total capacity of 9.6 quarts. If you filled the radiator and overflow bottle with full strength, would that equal 50/50? Might have to drain the block some.

Reactions: ConrodM

Registered
Looks like an 05 has a total capacity of 9.6 quarts. If you filled the radiator and overflow bottle with full strength, would that equal 50/50? Might have to drain the block some.
In that scenario after draining the final flush add 4.8 qt concentrate, top up the radiator with distilled then fill overflow reservoir with 50:50 mix

Registered
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
In that scenario after draining the final flush add 4.3 qt concentrate, top up the radiator with distilled then fill overflow reservoir with 50:50 mix
There's the math for an 05 folks.

Reactions: ConrodM and aggrex

Registered

Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
Yes, Napa sells the Aisin kit, but they're like $100 higher than RockAuto with 5% off code.

If money is no object. Yes you can order all your OEM parts from the dealership. It will cost $100s more.
Rock Auto didn't have it listed yesterday when I looked, N.A.P.A. listed it at $229 and some change.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #99 ·

Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
81 - 100 of 126 Posts