Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a considerable amount of research, I decided to buy the complete Vizualogic (aka EPIK) at BestBuy for $1425 (tax not included) plus the extended warranty for $199. The system took over five weeks to arrive and required dozens of phone calls by me to both BestBuy and Vizualogic's customer service department. I'll spare you the gruesome details of why it took 5 weeks for my system to arrive instead of 5 days like I was promised when I put the system on order.

I bought the complete Vizualogic system that includes two replacement headrest monitors with 7 inch LCD screens, DVD player, two wireless headphones and all the misc electrical parts required to make this system work. By the way, I decided to buy Vizualogic's DVD player because I read that Honda's OEM DVD player can not play DVD-R+ or DVD-R- media.

At first, I intended to install the system myself but I just started to investigate having a professional audio/video installer do the job for me. This change of plans is rooted in my desire to get the job done sooner rather than later (in other word's my wife and kids are bugging the crap out of me to do it like yesterday) and my limited electrical knowledge. Also, I'm a little faint of heart when it comes to taking apart my brand new, beloved Pilot. The way I look at it, when I drop it off at the installer's shop, what I can't see won't hurt me.

A professional installation should run about $250-$300. BestBuy wants $200 to install but I'd rather have Moe, Larry and Curly :bonk: do the job rather than BestBuy based on their level of incompetence to expedite a customer's order in excess of $1700!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think I would've done the same. My Pilot is now well over a year old and I still can't picture myself dismantling it!!

Let us know how it turns out!! Oh, and...

:needpics:

·
Registered
541 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts