Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to purchase genuine Honda vital fluids (transmission, power steering, brake, etc.) at a discount? I ran across an internet site that offered these maintenance items at a discount, but I can't locate that site again.

I like to keep some on the shelf in the garage in case I need to top-off the fluid and would rather not pay retail at the local Honda dealer if possible.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I think there are some significant shipping issues that restrict sending of oils, fuel, etc via mail or UPS

·
Registered
226 Posts
they do sell

I think I saw that site.
I was shocked by the dealer price and started looking and I found couple of them sold it at half price.
I will have to look for it again and let you know later.

·
Registered
29 Posts
OILS AND FLUIDS/AND HOW TO SAVE$$ ON OEM HONDA PARTS

FOR MY OIL I USE AMSOIL SERIES 7500 WITH A HONDA FILTER. I ORDER IT FROM MY BROTHER AND HE HAS IT SENT TO ME BY THE CASE. SO I DONT THINK THAT THERE IS A RESTICTION ON THAT. HERE ARE A FEW PLACES THAT YOU CAN ORDER HONDA OEM PARTS AT A REALLY DISCOUNT PRICES. OF COURSE NONE OF USE WANT TO PAY MORE THAN WE HAVE TO RIGHT?? WELL HERE THERE ARE
www.handa-accessories.com/pilext.html
www.partscheap.com/pilot01.htm
hope you enjoy the site they are from a dealer but for some unknown reason they can sell OEM parts a little over cost. So what i do is order items and have my local dealer install them... he he
one of the sites even has honda directions on installation of the items. Also the second site is also a dealer of Ford and isuzu so if you own any of those. If you dont see it on the site call them they can get anything your local dealer can... Enjoy the savings....romad01

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks EGP & romad01 for the links. I knew that I had seen where you could purchase maintenance parts and fluids over the internet but I just couldn't relocate them. I'll place an order and see if there is a problem shipping fluids.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Is it safe to assume that a large part of this first oil break in is oil issue is related directly to tempurature? I live in Michigna and will take delivery in early winter winters average about 15~30 deg F and will last 5~6 months?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts