Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. Does anyone know if wrapping the front honda logo would affect the function and/or sensitivity of the radar system? I'm a trekkie and would like to put the starfleet logo there.
Thanks!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Just a guess, but since dirt, snow, fog, sleet, ice, etc can affect the radar system from operating, I would think that wrapping it in a vinyl would be just as disruptive.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Just checked, didnt see any wires coming out of it. The front lower trim pieces have dime sized sensors
Here is a video showing where the radar sensor is located in the various Honda cars. At the 50 second mark it shows the Pilot as being behind the "H" emblem. The sensor itself is attached to the radiator core support so there will be no wires attached to the emblem itself.

For a 2019 model I found this, should be the same for the 2016 and newer?

This sensor is located behind the Honda “H” grille emblem. The sensor is mounted to the radiator core support. This radar sensor sends information to the collision braking system and the adaptive cruise control system.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hi. Does anyone know if wrapping the front honda logo would affect the function and/or sensitivity of the radar system? I'm a trekkie and would like to put the starfleet logo there.
Thanks!
If you have the vinyl, try it and see - and report back if it bothers the sensors or not!
When I've had slush & mud on my emblem, I get the disruption messages. But rain doesn't seem to trigger them. If the vinyl is translucent, seems it might be okay?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have clear vinyl wrap over our. Never had a problem so far and it's been 10 months.
Thats good info. Thanks. I can't imagine the color of the vynil will change the material density much. I will give it a shot. Not sure what would be a safe way to test it... does the cruise control just use the camera or in combo with radar too?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update. Got the front emblem wrap installed. Tried the cruise control and it works fine. Can't test the collision mitigation and hopefully never will.
Screenshot_20200507-014035_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
75 Posts
Can't test the collision mitigation and hopefully never will.
If you (carefully) drive up to a wall in a parking lot or somewhere, will that trigger the collision mitigation?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha. I've seen these pics while trying to find a logo. They are way too much for me. I just wanted something subtle.

I do like the insignia from All Good Things, but can't find one. I have some silver and black carbon fiber vinyl, so I'm going to see if i can create one myself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts