Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does the 5 mean in the last 6 numbers of the production sequence. For example, ...509005. I know they have not made 500,000 of them. Does it mean the the above is the 9005th Pilot off the line???:confused:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I believe the leading 5 means it's destined for the US Market...a 3 means it's destined for Canada...

and yes I think you have #9005....supposedly they are in the 10 or 11,000's now since April

·
Registered
509 Posts
Can anyone break down the rest of the VIN# - all 17 digits?

I know the last 5 digits are the vehicle number off the line - just got mine (#20,811), and I know the preceding 5 means it is destined for the U.S. market.

So what do all the other numbers mean?

·
Registered
395 Posts
SoapPlant said:
Can anyone break down the rest of the VIN# - all 17 digits?

I know the last 5 digits are the vehicle number off the line - just got mine (#20,811), and I know the preceding 5 means it is destined for the U.S. market.

So what do all the other numbers mean?
The "5" actually stands for the Ontario Plant.
See http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/driving/articles/43004/article.html for information on decoding the rest of your VIN.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Clearification (I think)

Len said:

The "5" actually stands for the Ontario Plant.
See http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/driving/articles/43004/article.html for information on decoding the rest of your VIN.

Actually, my understanding of the article was that the "H" stands for the Aliston, Ontario, Canada plant. I am not sure about the "5" but I do agree that it is probably designating a vehicle made for the US market. I live in Ontario and my VIN is H001915. I have a "0" where most of you sun blessed southerners have a "5". Makes sense to me but does anyone else have concrete proof of this?

Happy Trails, Eh!

Dano, From The Great White North

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
SoapPlant said:

Len - awesome link. Just what I was looking for. Thanks for posting it!
Note that the Edmunds link seems to get confused regarding the more recent model years, ie, it has W for 1998 and then again for 2000, at which point the vehicleidentificationnumber site diverges.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts