Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never heard this mentioned here, so I'm probably the only one in the world who is bothered by this...

My view of the top of the speedometer seems to be slightly cut off by the top of the steering wheel, even when I have the steering wheel tilted all the way up. I am not a tall person. I would imagine a tall driver would have trouble seeing their speed on the expressway, unless they had the seat leaned back.

I just drove an MDX today and noticed the same thing.

I've always been able to see the entire speedometer through the steering wheel of all the other vehicles I've owned, including my wife's CRV.

I'm sure none of you have this problem, or you would've posted about it. It just seems different from any other vehicle I've driven. I noticed it on my very first testdrive of the Pilot.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have noticed the same thing too, but now after 4 months I don't care about it as much as when it was new. I always thought if the steering wheel could go up another 1/4" inch it would be perfect.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have the exact same experience. If I move the seat back or recline it, I can see the entire speedometer. But I actually like sitting upright and with the seat relatively far up to help keep me awake on long drives, so I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
shutrbug said:
I have the exact same experience. If I move the seat back or recline it, I can see the entire speedometer. But I actually like sitting upright and with the seat relatively far up to help keep me awake on long drives, so I guess I'll just have to get used to it.
I guess that I slouch of relax too much...I have never noticed this. I will try and remember this tomorrow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I noticed the same thing every time I drove around for the first month - but I just got used to it. I have to actually move my hand though to figure out how fast I'm going... speed is a little deceiving in the Pilot... ;)

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm usually driving 90 mph anyway, so it doesn't bother me...:14:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I'm 6'2", have the wheel tilted all the way up, the front of the seat is all the way up, and the rear of the seat is slightly below all the way up. I have no problems seeing the top of the speedo.

My seat , while not all the way back in the floor track, is reclined such that the headrest is mostly behind the pillar where the front seat belt hangs.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
I am 5'10" ...do not seem to be having a problem. Just adjust the stearing wheel

·
Registered
15 Posts
My husband is 6'2" and that was the first thing he complained about when we test drove the Pilot. Since he doesn't drive it much it's not a big issue. I may tell him about adjusting the seat - but then again I may not. I get tired of having to readjust after he's been driving.
I've never had memory seat but can sure see it's convenience. :cool:

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:) yup, thats because we have a huge speedo!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
No Problem for Us

I'm 5'8', and Mr. Ziploc is 6'2"....we both keep the steering wheel in the highest position, sit fairly far back, with the seatback at a fairly relaxed angle. The view of speedometer is fine for both of us.

In fact, we love almost everything about the seating/interior.... head/hip room, leg room, seat comfort, good placement of armrests (for both arms), etc.

·
Registered
276 Posts
This is nothing that a tilt/telescopic wheel won't fix....but knowing Honda they won't put it on the 2004 models. :mad: Gauge vision is one of my biggest complaints, and no matter how I adjust the seat, I'm either never comfortable or can't see the gauges. I don't drive it every day, so it's not much of a problem....but if I did, I'd get tired of it real soon.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has noticed this and is bothered by it. Seems very unusual for Honda...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts