Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just got off the phone with the Tech at NavTool. He insists that I must have a wire or something that was not plugged back in correctly. He states that the NavTool device wil only interrupt the video connection and has nothing to do with the GPS or FM Antenna. I'm going to try to take a look at it again this next week- maybe take the NavTool out and see if the FM Traffic indicators work again or if I can find a bad connection. Would love to hear from anyone else who has the NavTool installed & if they notice the same problem. Keep you posted on what I find.

·
Registered
99 Posts
yes... all my traffic and everything works with nav tool. No problems. It is most likely either something loose or a bad harness... in which you would have to test the connections of the harness. But this is something really hard to pinpoint.

And I am really sure I see the traffic. and DVD, and I even have a camera wired into the front of the car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I haven't noticed this issue on mine so I'll have to check it today. I figured it may be wiring because on my first attempt to put everything back, GPS wasn't working so it would never grab a signal. Navtool support say check all cables again so I took it all out again and made sure everything was snapped in.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am experiencing the same problem... I thought it was just me or something else was not working correctly.
Ok...so found the problem & the NavTool unit was not to blame. Save yourself some time by performing these steps if your FM Traffic alerts are not showing up:

1. Go to the the screen that displays the Map/Navigation Screen.
2. Click the enter button to show menu bar.
3. Click the first one: "Map Information"
4. Click: #1 "Show Icon on Map"
5. Click the first box: "Traffic"
6. View main Map/Navigation Screen again to verify the screen now shows the tiny car icon in upper left with "TRF".

FM Traffic should now work. Also found out I can add gas stations, food, and a lot of other information. :29:

·
Registered
30 Posts
2012 pilot with the navtool. Everythinf hooked up. Now question is what's there's the yellow RCA plug.

So I just buy or find an old yellow RCA cable, cut and splice It into the 16 pin RCE plug?

When splicing which wire is - and +?

Any pics would be awesome. Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
2012 pilot with the navtool. Everythinf hooked up. Now question is what's there's the yellow RCA plug.

So I just buy or find an old yellow RCA cable, cut and splice It into the 16 pin RCE plug?

When splicing which wire is - and +?

Any pics would be awesome. Thanks
I used the images on this link. The center pin is + and the outter is -

3000GT & Stealth Stereo 6 pin ---> RCA

I just used a spare yellow RCA cable from a old tv setup from a something that was just sitting around. Spliced it and connected it to the correct cables in the pin and I was set.

·
Registered
37 Posts
13Pilot,

What gauge are the wires that need to be connected with the NavTool? I see from one of the photos you included in your install that you used Posi-Tap PTA-24's. Am I correct to assume that this is for 24 gauge wire? I need to purchase some Posi-Taps, but unfortunately, I cannot find any online that are "PTA-24". So, should I just get some that are meant for 24 gauge?

Also... many many thanks for your photos and information regarding the NavTool. I feel pretty confident, because of your efforts, that I can do this myself without paying someone else! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know if this same NavTool interface works on 2014-15 Pilot Touring models? There is no info on the NavTool site for 2014+ Pilots.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That’s what I noticed, but I’m not sure if I’m missing a wire or if I need to splice something... the screen will not display the CarPlay menu
Do you have the smartphone mirroring interface or the Car play interface. On the Car play/Android Auto interface when your device is connected it should show, the CP/AA logo as well as camera logos.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Honda Pilot EX
27 Posts
Do you have the smartphone mirroring interface or the Car play interface. On the Car play/Android Auto interface when your device is connected it should show, the CP/AA logo as well as camera logos.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
I have the CP/AA interface. When I connect an iPhone, he phone prompts me and goes into CarPlay mode. However when I use the remote, I hear the chime, and hear the audio transfer, but do not actually SEE the menu on the lcd... bugs me out

·
Registered
81 Posts
Try Naviks' they are in Brooklyn NY. Their mirroring interface was trash but I don't know what their AAA/ACP interface is like. Much better support.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

81 - 97 of 97 Posts