Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was stuck in traffic, I push fuel quickly (full push) when the road is open and check engine start blinking and I felt some vibration and the pilot was not normal. I turned the engine off for 3 minutes, back on and everything back to normal.

Please advise

·
Registered
11,413 Posts
Hello,
It would be neccessary to get the trouble code(s). Do you have an OBD II scanner?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was stuck in traffic, I push fuel quickly (full push) when the road is open and check engine start blinking and I felt some vibration and the pilot was not normal. I turned the engine off for 3 minutes, back on and everything back to normal.

Please advise
I have the same issue. Its a recurring problem in that scenario. I haven’t had it checked yet but my opinion is it has something to do with the VCM.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Guessin, but by far most likely is cylinder misfires caused by cylinder ring damage from vcm. Replace spark plugs, put a vcm disable device like svcm on it (google will take you to their site) and hope for the best. Also pulling codes using a scan tool will prevent parts cannon guessing… though I bet I’m right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts