Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have had the vibration problem, what method did the dealer use to fix it?

1. New tires
2. New wheels
3. Balance
4. Rotation and balance
5. Replacement of hub or drive shaft componants
6. Other

·
Registered
206 Posts
No vibration

Chettie, I'd like to know how many of us have had the vibration? I finally had a chance to take my Pilot on a long, straight road, and experienced no vibration at all (and, boy, was I looking!!!). I am also interested in the cure, as I understand that the "vibration" can be initiated by:

Tire rotation
Wheel locks (should I put mine on???)
or, has always been there.

Good poll.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Can someone please describe the vibration problem? Is it bad enough that I would be able to tell if I had. I have a slight vibration when cruising 75-80 mph, but I figured that was normal.

·
Registered
206 Posts
bgeraldo said:
Can someone please describe the vibration problem? Is it bad enough that I would be able to tell if I had. I have a slight vibration when cruising 75-80 mph, but I figured that was normal.
Another good question from bgeraldo. My parents' BMW always had a "shimmy" in the steering column/wheel between 55-60, and that was "normal" for that car. Does the vibration cut out over 70? Is it a shimmy in the steering wheel, or an overall car vibration?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vibration

Those answers can be found by typing "70mph sustained vibration" in the search box at the top of the screen. It's talked about at length there. I just thought that people might have new solutions. I met with the Honda rep and a tech. today and I'm suppose to drop the Pilot off tomorrow. I may know something new myself by tomorrow, but any more info on a solution would be great.

Come on Piloteers, let's see those votes.

Chet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts