Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2018 pilot. New Have less than 200 miles on it. Vibration is loud when I hit a bump or when on a road not perfectly smooth. Have turned off heat/air and radio and still there. Help. Vibration is in radio or dash area. I am gong to dealer at the end of the week but wonder if anyone has had this happen. When stopped is quiet. Driving me batty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased a 2018 pilot. New Have less than 200 miles on it. Vibration is loud when I hit a bump or when on a road not perfectly smooth. Have turned off heat/air and radio and still there. Help. Vibration is in radio or dash area. I am gong to dealer at the end of the week but wonder if anyone has had this happen. When stopped is quiet. Driving me batty.

My 2017 had rattle from the dash when I purchased it, after several trips back to the dealer they found the rattle was the airbag in the steering wheel. They fixed it, never would have believed it was not the dash. I have 36000 miles on it now and still no rattle.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the same exactly vehicle. Well I went batty as well until I found out that it's the VCM that kicks in when cruising at certain speeds. Yes it doesn't kick in at low speeds but when you're driving higher speeds, the VCM is activated causing the vibrations.

(VCM) Variable Cylinder Management

Read about it right here on the forum. Verbatim has a few stickies/thread on the subject matter.

·
Registered
103 Posts
By the way, my Pilot is brand new...I've logged 14k miles so far. The second day I drove the car I was like, WTH is this...until after researching online and dealer mechanic explained it to me. IMHO, the worst thing Honda has ever done to their vehicles. I bought a 6 cylinder for a reason so want the power when I need it...I don't need 3 cylinders...LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts