Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2003 Pilot, and so far am somewhat concerned with two problems that seem minor comparatively with the overall quality and satisfaction with the vehicle.

The first, and most disconcerting, is a vibration/shimmy I'm feeling from the road at about 70mph. I would assume that this is from tires being out of balance, but am mortified at the prospect of it being a drive shaft issue.

Secondly, the gas pedal seems inordinately difficult to depress, too much foot pressure being required to accelerate. I plan on taking it to the dealer tomorrow, but I'm wondering if any other Pilot owner is experiencing the same symptoms? Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've experienced nothing like you describe. It's most likely your tires are out of balance, but have you checked the air pressure in them? The only time I've had problems with pressure on my gas pedal has been when the floor mat has ridden high and bound up the mechanism, you might want to check if something is impeding your gas pedal.

The only problems I have had are the rattles intermittently here and there, and those aren't really frequent.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Bet the tires are at 45PSI! Lower them to 32PSI and try again. Your dealer should have done this during the prep!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts