Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 EX-L Pilot. I have a vibration throughout the vehicle but can notice it mostly in the steering wheel. I notice it starting when I hit a speed of 60 mph. When I go 65 mph and higher it gets worse. Here's the thing it only vibrates when I give it gas. When I reach lets say 70 mph and leave off of the gas I get a perfectly smooth ride. I just put brand new tires on it and I thought that would fix the problem but it didn't. When I hit the brakes going 65 mph+ there's no vibrating in the brake pedal so the rotors are ok. To sum it up I get a vibration at high speeds only when the gas pedal pushed even a slight press to give it gas. Please help.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I have a 2010 EX-L Pilot. I have a vibration throughout the vehicle but can notice it mostly in the steering wheel. I notice it starting when I hit a speed of 60 mph. When I go 65 mph and higher it gets worse. Here's the thing it only vibrates when I give it gas. When I reach lets say 70 mph and leave off of the gas I get a perfectly smooth ride. I just put brand new tires on it and I thought that would fix the problem but it didn't. When I hit the brakes going 65 mph+ there's no vibrating in the brake pedal so the rotors are ok. To sum it up I get a vibration at high speeds only when the gas pedal pushed even a slight press to give it gas. Please help.
You will find the help here

https://www.piloteers.org/forums/82-2012-2015-pilot/70905-vcm-tsb-jan-2015-pcm-update-driveshaft-replacement.html

·
Registered
653 Posts
You may want to have the tires rebalanced (even with the new tires you just have installed). It's the easiest and least expensive step before driving yourself nut chasing other potential issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts