Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Vibration after installing lift kit - HELP!

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  AutoPilot24 
#1 ·
I bought the Readylift 69-8020 kit off Amazon. There was only one review, and it was negative. But there are ALWAYS going to be some negative reviews. I had the tire shop (Big O) install the lift kit and tires. One stop shopping. It turned out to be a cluster $%&@ , it's relevant, but I'll save that story for later. Bottom line: they put new axles in it, because of this vibration problem. I picked it up last night and I have a distinct vibration on acceleration, which was the Amazon reviewer's post. I'll do a screen shot of it. It looks great and I have great clearance and it's going to give me a lot more utility now and the tires look and ride awesome (31" BFG KO 2's).

#2 ·
So now I'm BUMBED OUT! I am mechanical, but I'm not a gearhead. I have no facility (or desire) to do this work myself. Vibrations are always bad, but I'm wondering if I can just live with it. I've got $1700 into it so far. $500 for the kit, $900 tires, $300 labor/balancing. Does anyone know a simple fix? I don't want to keep throwing good money after bad into this thing. Any help greatly appreciated. Thx!

#3 ·
This is the only review for this product on Amazon. I guess I should have taken it more seriously.
Also, Big O told me that they called the ReadyLift factory and asked if they knew of any similar problems and they said no. I guess i'll call them tomorrow myself.

1580362503301.png

#5 ·
It says this right in their instructions:

"4. Post suspension system vehicles may experience drive line vibrations. Angles may require tuning, slider on shaft may require replacement, shafts may need to be lengthened or trued, and U-joints may need to be replaced"

Axle vibrations are common when lifting vehicles. Every vehicle has its little issues that have to be addressed. I'd give ReadyLift a call. Its hogwash that they "never had any issues" when they document the issues in their own install manual. Tire shop never called them.

Reactions: Skipnoid
#6 ·
I've done a number of these kits and been pretty luck to not have any vibrations... but others have and 99% of the time it was either something not installed properly or the CV axles are worn and just enough out of the comfort range that you get vibrations.

Do you have a go-pro? Easiest way to determine exactly where it is coming from is go for a drive with it pointed at each wheel/CV axle to see which one starts vibrating.

I concur that your installer didn't try too hard with Readylift, of course they have little incentive to because they are going to get into a grey area of what they can and cannot charge you with troubleshooting costs.

Reactions: Skipnoid
#9 ·
I've done a number of these kits and been pretty luck to not have any vibrations... but others have and 99% of the time it was either something not installed properly or the CV axles are worn and just enough out of the comfort range that you get vibrations.

Do you have a go-pro? Easiest way to determine exactly where it is coming from is go for a drive with it pointed at each wheel/CV axle to see which one starts vibrating.

I concur that your installer didn't try too hard with Readylift, of course they have little incentive to because they are going to get into a grey area of what they can and cannot charge you with troubleshooting costs.
I don't have a go pro. But I do have an appointment on Monday at my local 4x4 specialty shop to diagnose it and hopefully come up with a reasonable fix. That's all they do there us custon 4x4 mods, so they're the right guys.

#16 ·
So now I'm BUMBED OUT! I am mechanical, but I'm not a gearhead. I have no facility (or desire) to do this work myself. Vibrations are always bad, but I'm wondering if I can just live with it. I've got $1700 into it so far. $500 for the kit, $900 tires, $300 labor/balancing. Does anyone know a simple fix? I don't want to keep throwing good money after bad into this thing. Any help greatly appreciated. Thx!
could have changed the angle of the driveline, I.e driveshaft, if that is the case it will vibrate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.