Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Honda pilot awd 4x4 it rides really smooth from 0 to 60 and then on 60 on the dot a vibration comes from the rear I'm 90 percent sure the rear nothing in steering wheel or brake pedal just changes pads and rotors and rotated tires to see if the vibration moved with the tires and it did not should I be looking at the CV axles in the rear or the wheel bearings?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
take a look to see if the stabilizer bar isn't broken then shocks and springs next ..then cv axles

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both front wheels make a scrubbing noise when making a turn if turning left the front right scrapes and the same for other side

·
Registered
858 Posts
2008 Honda pilot awd 4x4 it rides really smooth from 0 to 60 and then on 60 on the dot a vibration comes from the rear I'm 90 percent sure the rear nothing in steering wheel or brake pedal just changes pads and rotors and rotated tires to see if the vibration moved with the tires and it did not should I be looking at the CV axles in the rear or the wheel bearings?
Sounds like a tire issue to me. You could try rotating the tires. You could also have the wheels rebalanced. Of course, if the tires are well worn, then don't throw money at half-measures, just suck it up and get new tires. I like Costco for tires, and I have also had good service from Discount Tire.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
When did it start?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Backing plate making contact with rotors will make noise when turning the wheels. They bend after many years. Just have them straightened. Noise at 60 mi/hr could be due to bad shocks. Just make sure it's not your transmission. I had that noise at 3-040 mi/hr and solved it by changing the fluid 4 times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts