Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 EXL Honda Pilot. Two days ago a vibrating sound started, that starts when I turn on the Pilot. It will last about 15 seconds, then turn off and start again every 5 minutes.
I’ve felt around and don’t feel any physical vibrating, just hear the sound.
Link to video of the sound

Thank you in advance!
Anna

·
Registered
150 Posts
Drop your Heater blower motor. Clean out what ever debri/nest is in there. Thats where I would start. Replace your cabin air filter while you have the glove box removed 😉
If you turn the heater fan to off does it go away?

·
Registered
150 Posts
YouTube will help with the how to. If not comfortable DIYing it talk to your usual mechanic it won't take hours of shop time. I can imagine a unscrupulous shop trying to convince me I need a no blower motor etc. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YouTube will help with the how to. If not comfortable DIYing it talk to your usual mechanic it won't take hours of shop time. I can imagine a unscrupulous shop trying to convince me I need a no blower motor etc. Good luck.
Changing the heater fan didn’t make a difference. However, I was able to replace the cabin filter and the noise stuck around for about 4 days, then on the 5th day, the sound is gone! Thank you for the advice!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Strange, I'm sorry, I only meant clean out the fan. Sometimes mice can get in through the frese fresh air intake they will build a nest in there,which will cause the fan to vibrate, as it is out of balance. I cleaned one out for a friend once. She had very little air coming out the ducts and the vibration noise was terrible. The entire fan was full of home insulation, she had the insulation stored in her garage. The mouse had built a cozy nest for itself in her blower fan. Once this was removed all was well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts