Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to all on the board who help me fix the following upon my delivery of new pilot:

squeaky/squishy noise from rear end.....grease on lower "A" arms..
ta-da....no more noise....

center console that would not latch......loosened the screws and screwed back together again.......done !!!!!

cleaned-up various other things.....

very un-honda like quality so-far....

I typically do not buy first year cars, including honda, which is all our family drives.......

I have a '02 civic that has some little problems also....

What is happening to our beloved Honda ????

Rushing to many products to market ???

Still the best value in town..........my 2 cents......

·
Registered
276 Posts
Mine is falling apart too after 1 year......first-year-model woes, maybe, but not what I spent $30K for. Five years ago I spent $22K for an *American* made Pontiac Grand Prix that fits me like a glove and is still as rock solid as the day I drove it off the lot. And judging some of the responses people have posted from Honda, they don't seem too concerned about fixing Pilot issues either.

After all the hype I've heard on Hondas, the Pilot just hasn't impressed me that much. With just over 11,000 miles, my Pilot has rattles galore, the interior is scratching easily, suffers from the notorious starting issue, makes the knocking/pinging sound heard from other owners, and my latest issue is a gas guage that likes to fluctuate......

But....I agree with your last statement...right now it is the best for the price. But if someone were to produce an SUV tomorrow that even slightly beats the Pilot, I'm there.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am also not impressed either. Noises inside cabin make me crazy. Honda service is poor. Last night service manager spoke to me rudely for which he will be accounted for in the next week. After all, Honda's are not that great vehicles. Toyota's give good service and good offer. In Texas area Toyota offers $9 for tire rotation and wheel alignment where as Honda a flat rate $35 I guess. In order to stay in this auto industry they should do something to customers. I hate HONDA.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ive had my pilot 13 mo. and 12000 miles and the only issue I have is the saggy leather that the dealer cured 2 months back and they still look great. I do not have any rattles and still looks as good as new. The only thing I can agree with is the interior scratches easily but with my 2 kids they can scratch a DIAMOND...

·
Registered
163 Posts
PilotCrazy,
You are lucky. Mine has only 9000 miles. I am have these problems from day 1. I drive on the basis of dealers. 1) Keep audio volume high 2) Air lift my SUV to a smooth road and drive.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Just my two cents....10,000 miles and 12 months and the only problem is the stretched leather. No rattle, no scrunch.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Len said:
Just my two cents....10,000 miles and 12 months and the only problem is the stretched leather. No rattle, no scrunch.
That's great. But count yourself lucky though. I'm still living with the window scrunch and the pinging/tapping noise. I still like my Pilot, but I just had expected more from a Honda vehicle.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Len said:
mine is 6 month and 6K miles and only problem is the leather. (starting problem...lets see if it revisits in winter)

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:D my problem with the pilot EX-LRES is people think it is worth $20K more that they get pleasure in keying/vandalizing my car:( otherwise, no such other problems.

·
Registered
307 Posts
1 year and 10k later, Ive had the timing belt recall, drivers seat tsb, as well as the strut tsb. However the only other issue I have is the scrunch, and it has diminished greatly and is barely audible. no starting porblems. I still think its a better vehicle than anything else for the money, and wouldnt change a thing except the dealer I purchased from. and for you white pilot owners out there, think about getting your front windows tinted, It looks sharp!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
whitepilot, did you do anything or apply anything to reduce that scrunch? I've applied both the silicone spray and when that didn't work, the dealer gave me this silicone gel to try, but the scrunch is as loud as ever. It's driving me crazy. I never expected something like this from a 45K (CDN) car and certainly, not from a Honda.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts