Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that Honda doesn't offer an official "Vent Visor" for the Pilot, with the exception of the air deflector. I was interested in the smoked plastic covers that cover the front and rear, driver and passenger side windows, that let you crack the windows without rain getting in.

Has anyone seen anything on the market like this for the Pilot?

Thanks!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I haven't seen very many aftermarket accessories for the Pilot yet. Weathertech makes Weatherflectors but they're not available for the Pilot yet.

I'm holding out for a gray cargo tray and some hefty floor mats that cover the dead pedal and have a lip.

I checked with a local aftermarket truck/suv accessory store and they said another 2-3 months for Pilot accessories to become mainstream.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
It's only a matter of time ...

These things are an absolute necessity ... on the top of my shopping list when they come out ....

PrG

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: It's only a matter of time ...

PrG said:
These things are an absolute necessity ... on the top of my shopping list when they come out ....

PrG
Which do you think will be here first?

Your new Pilot or vent visors for the Pilot?!

:22:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Re: It's only a matter of time ...

PrG said:
These things are an absolute necessity ...
I've never had any. Why are vent visors a necessity?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's many different types of products, but the most common are smoked-black plastic vent covers that attach above your windows and allow you to crack you windows when it rains, without letting water in. I've attached a picture below, since its probably easier to see them. They also make a host of other accessories. You can check them out at www.ventvisor.com.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
My wife asked me the other night if these were available for the Pilot.;) I can't really remember why she wanted them but I know that her mother has them on the Exploder and likes them for keeping the windows vented.:p

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
First of all ... low blow ... but I am sure the vent visors will be out first before my PILOT.

Anyway, Hondas do have a tendency to fog up during rain or periods of high humidity. Sometimes its too cold to open the windows all the way. With these visors you can crack the windows without a rush of air coming in. Basically you are getting the suction from the passing wind pulling the air out of the car and recirculating it. This clears your windows and freshens your air without wind and rain getting in. Also when I had my PILOT, after the rain I cracked my windows and took a turn. All the rain on the roof poured through the windows onto the seats and when I looked in the cup holders they were filled halfway up with water. It took me about half a box of Kleenex to mop it all up. Vent visors would have prevented this by funneling the water away from the windows and to the ground.

PrG

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Re: Re: It's only a matter of time ...

SoapPlant said:

Which do you think will be here first?

Your new Pilot or vent visors for the Pilot?!

:22:
Hey I know where you live ...!!!

:2: :3: :2:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Re: Re: It's only a matter of time ...

PrG said:

Hey I know where you live ...!!!

:2: :3: :2:
Hey PrG - I feel your pain! I really do...

But judging by these jokers you're dealing with, who knows when you'll have your new Pilot! I definitely wouldn't let them touch it when it comes in! Maybe they can call you when its coming in and then you can drive it off the truck yourself! You'd probably be better off "prepping" the vehicle yourself from all of the stories that I've been reading...

Well, anyway, I hope your Pilot gets here before the visors. Definitely adding them to my list after your story...

:7:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Thanks SoapPlant ... you're absolutely right ...

My PILOT is in it is a Black EX-L upgraded from a white EX ... Dealer says they will prep and have ready by tommorow afternoon. I am leary but being black the deficiencies on the car will be more apparent so I will go over the car with a fine tooth comb.

Will let you know how things go ... If all goes well I will no longer be PILOTless anymore ...

PrG

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations!

WOW - pretty impressive! Its amazing that you're going to have it this quickly. You must have really lit a fire...

I'll cross my fingers and wish you good luck...

(I think you're gonna need it!)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
:7:

:29:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Coming Soon! @ $69.00?

Just wanted to update everyone that I got an e-mail from Tim yesterday regarding the vent visors for the Pilot. He expects them to be in any day now at an approximate price of $69.00 (same as the MDX). Since it seems like there's a lot of interest in them, I'll request a group buy as soon I get confirmation that they're available, and hopefully Tim will go for it. Generally he's usually looking for at least 10 buyers, at a discount of 10%. That would reduce the cost to $62.10, or a savings of $6.90. His prices usually include the shipping.

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Yup, covers all 4 doors.....I re-checked, and they are still on schedule to be here within a week.

And Soap, if I'd have only known! I was in Hummelstown last week staying at the Holiday Inn Express for the acuramdx.org NE regional meet! Didn't even think to post it here!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hondacuraworld said:
Yup, covers all 4 doors.....I re-checked, and they are still on schedule to be here within a week.

And Soap, if I'd have only known! I was in Hummelstown last week staying at the Holiday Inn Express for the acuramdx.org NE regional meet! Didn't even think to post it here!
Hey Tim, that's too bad! Would have liked to get the chance to meet you in person when when you were here! Hope you enjoyed yourself in the tiny little town of Hummelstown! Never imagined I would get so many people e-mailing me about living in Hummelstown! Its amazing...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Question on Vent Visors...

Are these Vent Visors the type that slip into the window weatherstripping, or are they the type that are attached with double-sided adhesive?

Thanks, guys.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts