Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was chasing a broken vent problem. So I removed all three vent motors one by one, til I finally got the correct one. Bad troubleshooting. But maybe my folly will help somebody else.

There are three vent motors. Each controls a separate function. 1. Fresh/recirculate flap. 2. Heat/cool flap 3. Face/foot/def flaps. Only the fresh/recirculate motor requires any disassembly to access.

You can unbolt the motors and reconnect them to the wire connector and watch them cycle as you select different Cooling and vent modes. Or push the vent flaps around with your finger while the motors are removed.

The motors are all easily removed with a few 8mm course thread screws. Most of them have metal pushrods with a plastic clip. Push the plastic clip off the metal rod to disconnect it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
1. Fresh/recirc motor is mounted about the middle of the glove box. Remove the glove box - two 8mm bolts on the hinges. The motor is held in place with two screws and one metal tab and slot. Only have to move one wire bundle aside to remove the motor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The heat/cool motor is towards the center of the car, on the bottom of the heater system boxes. Accessible from the passenger foot well. It’s held in place with four (?) plastic screws. All it does is mix hot and cold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts