Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of the Clifford Matrix RS3 car alarm system? I am thinking about getting it. It has remote start with and led screen on the remote. It also has many other features. I am getting a great deal for this. I was wondering if anyone has this installed and if it is really as good as what people say. Time magazine even wrote adn article on it. Any thoughts.

·
Registered
608 Posts
remote start would completely defy the purpose of the immobilizer system, leaving your pilot susceptible to be hot-wired.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
iivtecracerii said:
remote start would completely defy the purpose of the immobilizer system, leaving your pilot susceptible to be hot-wired.
tway22: Hopefully, RipRocK will see this thread and provide some insight into this: He has the "Ultra Start 1500 Remote Car Starter" installed on his Pilot -- even though it's not the same as the remote starter from "Clifford Matrix RS3", he may be able to address the immobilizer system bypass issue... :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just installed the alarm yesterday, it works great. I love the remote start feature. As for the immobilizer issue, the alarm bypasses it but it has it's own built in immobilizer so that solved the issue. The remote on this alarm is the best part. It actually shows you when your cars is being broken into and whether you sucessfully started your engine. Best investment i've made so far.

·
Registered
423 Posts
tway22 said:
Just installed the alarm yesterday, it works great. I love the remote start feature. As for the immobilizer issue, the alarm bypasses it but it has it's own built in immobilizer so that solved the issue. The remote on this alarm is the best part. It actually shows you when your cars is being broken into and whether you sucessfully started your engine. Best investment i've made so far.
Do you mind giving the approx cost? It looks good to me and I may be interested in one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It cost my $350 total, this was a very good deal considering othe places charge around 500, my friend works at a stereo installation place, so he gave me his employee discount price on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts