Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased an antenna to use with a VCR (or tuner) that fits the interior glass? I am using a small VCR with a built in tuner to be able to use VHS and TV with my built in DVD system.
I just need some nice antennas with a coax connection to plug into the VCR.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have an aftermarket DVD/AM/FM system mounted to the roof. The install shop told me that they spliced into the Pilot's existing antenna wiring, which apparently runs through part of the roof.

I'm also thinking about adding an AM/FM booster but plan to add it under the dash at the point that the antenna wire plugs into the head unit. Maybe you could just plug your TV/VCR unit into the same antenna cable.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have an indash dvd/tv/satellite radio/navigation unit. My installer was able to hide the antenna under the roof liner. There are no exposed wires. No gaudy antenna on the window or roof. The reception works fairly well.

Unfortunately, the satellite radio/navigation unit do require a roof mount antenna.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Mike, how about some pictures. How does the NAV compare with the factory NAV?

I may get one without NAV and add one if it works well enough

·
Registered
112 Posts
Pictures and Model number please...is it the excellon?...would you buy it again?.....inquiring minds want to know!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I will provide pictures shortly. And yes, it's a Kenwood upper end piece.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Come on man...post those pics...we're all waiting. What do you think of your system...I'm thinking of getting one too....let us know....show some pics!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Pictures

I promise pictures are on the way. As for the unit... I am totally satisfied with the KVT911 indash! The only problems I'm having at the moment is.....

1. The subwoofer is not working
2. The adaptor to use steering column control is not working
3. Getting the Pilot from my wife to take pictures!

I've been told since the Pilot is fairly new, there are not alot of schematics for aftermarket units.

As for the pictures, they are on the way. However, there are no pictures of the antenna install. It was very simple. Place the antenna(s) between the liner and the roof. There are no bulges, etc. You would never know there were antennas above the liner.

·
Registered
32 Posts
In Dash DVD (Pictures)

This is a photo of my Kenwood KVT911 DVD. This is an in-dash dvd player (6.5 inch touch screen) with tv tuner, Sirius Satellite radio and input for navigation.

We placed the antenna(s) between the roof liner and roof. There are no bulges, etc. Basically, nobody even knows they are there with the exception of myself and the installer.

Would I buy this unit again? For my needs YES. However, please take note that the new model will be out in about 7 months with a higher price tag. That unit adds MP3 and CDR capability. However, since I'm planning on eventually getting a 10 cd/dvd add-on, that point is moot.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
In Dash DVD (Pictures)

Here's a photo of the screen retracted. By the way, that is the remote lying on the "not the ashtray".

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Mike & Margaret --> What is that "button" looking thing in the empty slot (on the passenger side) that is opposite of where the hazard button is??? BTW, LOOKING GOOD!!! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
The button looking things is a flashing blue light for the alarm. We had an Alpine alarm put in. Not only does the alarm go off if the vehicle is jarred, it has a motion sensor inside too. Meaning, we can roll down the windows on some occassions and if anyone stuck in their arm, the alarm goes off!

Though I don't know how much I would use that feature. The flashing blue light is almost hypnotic!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts