Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought VCM tuner ll many months ago and finally got around to installing today. Came back here and I see much talk about SVCM - assuming this is a new product since I got mine- what is the difference? My install went easily and going to see if I notice any difference this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
443 Posts
Not a new product, just a similar alternative. Rest easy, you haven't missed out on some new advance.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
FWIW, I like that the VCMTuner II has longer wires allowing the “black box” to be mounted a little further away from the hot motor/tranny.🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2021 EX-L
24 Posts
I have the VCMTuner II on a 2012 Accord from a couple years ago. It was a HUGE night and day difference in performance of the car. It already had 110k miles when I installed it so the active motor mount was pretty worn and I noticed a ton of vibration when the cylinder deactivation would engage/disengage. I just picked up a new Pilot for my wife and knew I wanted to disable VCM. Came to this forum and see most people talking about SVCM instead of VCMTuner II. From what I can tell, both work fine and are trouble free. SVCM is about $30 cheaper for me so I'm going to purchase it this time around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts