Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
2013 honda pilot EXL
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed it. Works great, no more eco bs! If you're tired of replacing plugs and or tired of 1 or more cylinders shutting down to "save gas" then this is a must!

Registered
I recently installed it. Works great, no more eco bs! If you're tired of replacing plugs and or tired of 1 or more cylinders shutting down to "save gas" then this is a must!
It ended my emission codes too.
馃榿馃憤

Registered
Preaching to an ever-growing choir. I did end up stuck in traffic at a light for a while last week, and saw the ECO light flicker a bit until airflow brought the engine temp back down. I didn't have the datalogger connected so no idea how warm it actually needed to get to set the light. Were I starting from scratch, I might choose one of the later options. I'm totally satisfied with the VCMuzzler though. The occasional flicker is a pleasant reminder of how a simple fix makes such a difference in the way the car drives.

Reactions: bdozer1965

Registered
2013 honda pilot EXL
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Preaching to an ever-growing choir. I did end up stuck in traffic at a light for a while last week, and saw the ECO light flicker a bit until airflow brought the engine temp back down. I didn't have the datalogger connected so no idea how warm it actually needed to get to set the light. Were I starting from scratch, I might choose one of the later options. I'm totally satisfied with the VCMuzzler though. The occasional flicker is a pleasant reminder of how a simple fix makes such a difference in the way the car drives.
I did get the newer one with the longer sensor wire.

Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
I think the 'newer' ones don't ever require a resistor change?
On the SVCM model- it's plug and play only. Nothing to change.

I too like the difference.

My 08 FWD SE still gets between 20 and 21 mpg about 50/50 hwy/city.
With 192K miles on it too LOL

Reactions: Nail Grease

Registered
2013 honda pilot EXL
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the 'newer' ones don't ever require a resistor change?
On the SVCM model- it's plug and play only. Nothing to change.

I too like the difference.

My 08 FWD SE still gets between 20 and 21 mpg about 50/50 hwy/city.
With 192K miles on it too LOL
Correct, no resistor change

Registered
I did end up stuck in traffic at a light for a while last week, and saw the ECO light flicker a bit until airflow brought the engine temp back down. I didn't have the datalogger connected so no idea how warm it actually needed to get to set the light. ....The occasional flicker is a pleasant reminder of how a simple fix makes such a difference in the way the car drives.
167F or higher reported to the PCM, is the magic threshold. I tweaked my VCM resistor value to avg about 162F, with occasional spikes above 167F (and brief ECO operation), typically in cooler weather when the cooling fans don't kick in very often at extended idle. In warmer weather, the A/C fans keep the reported temp below 167, even with extended idling. I agree, having the ECO (VCM enabled) a half dozen times a year, for a few minutes, doesn't hurt a thing, and it does exercise the VCM control solenoid.

Registered
Who out there is monitoring actual ECT AND using a VCM disabler? I do....using a VCMTuner II and ScanGauge and see ECT peak at 161F-163F in "DRIVE". When I shift to "PARK", I see displayed ECT rise from 161F-163F to actual ECT 183F-193F. Anybody else notice that? 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
Who out there is monitoring actual ECT AND using a VCM disabler? I do....using a VCMTuner II and ScanGauge and see ECT peak at 161F-163F in "DRIVE". When I shift to "PARK", I see displayed ECT rise from 161F-163F to actual ECT 183F-193F. Anybody else notice that? 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
I monitor transmission temp. If it gets hot, I know something isn't right.

Registered
How about ECT, in park?

Registered
hey buddy can you tell me where to get the vcm muzzler i am having the same issue i have a 2013 honda odyssey cylinder 5 and six keepd coming back but when clearing the codes the car runs amazing

Registered
Requires manually changing out resistors...

Automatic...
VCMTUNER II - Advanced - 2007+ for Honda Acura 3.5L I-VTEC Disable VCM / ECO mode

Automatic...

Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
No, I don't. Use a scan tool that is.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts