Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Honda ever figure out how to get the system to work without damaging the engine? I have a 2017 do I really need to buy an aftermarket defeat device? I like to get 2 or 300K miles from a $40,000 car. s vcm seems to be the best because you don't need to monitor the engine operating temperature. In almost all of the post people were using an abbreviation for the thermometer. I am not sure I would be able to keep track of changing the resistor in the summer and winter.
Please Reply........ Sadly I had the good car... 2005 without the vcm. Great Great car.....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Did Honda ever figure out how to get the system to work without damaging the engine? I have a 2017 do I really need to buy an aftermarket defeat device? I like to get 2 or 300K miles from a $40,000 car. s vcm seems to be the best because you don't need to monitor the engine operating temperature. In almost all of the post people were using an abbreviation for the thermometer. I am not sure I would be able to keep track of changing the resistor in the summer and winter.
Please Reply........ Sadly I had the good car... 2005 without the vcm. Great Great car.....
Some discussion of this kind of thing in some similar threads, like a recent one at VCM Issues and Disabling

1 - 2 of 2 Posts