Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I want to change valve stem seals when I do another timing belt service. Has anyone tacked this job? Kinda wanted some inside info on what tools to use for removing and installing new valve stem seals. Any suggestions would be appreciated...thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oil consumption attributed to valve stem seals? I wouldn't touch them unless you're certain, as you need to keep the valve in place (compressor air via plug hole is one typical way).

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Switch to high mileage oil before dumping $$ into an expensive, risky and time consuming job.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oil consumption is the problem and I’d like to keep the car until it dies...so have u actually done them (seals)? I’m hoping someone could give me some helpful advice as to what tools work best, thanks.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
The advice has been given. If you are losing oil through the seals, high mileage oil would stop it.
What is your mileage?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My pilot has 316,000 miles and counting...I’ve used high mileage oil and doesn’t do much, I’m looking for advise from someone who has done the ACTUAL job of changing valve seals. Please read my post question carefully before commenting. Thanks

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
No need to get your pants in the knot if you are asking for help. Here you can find questions from anyone ranging from soccer moms not knowing what is under the hood to experienced DIYers and mechanics. No one indcluding myself knew your expertise level.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All I’m saying is...don’t comment if u haven’t done the job. Telling me to use high mileage oil doesn’t help. I’m grateful for this site. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts