Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the stem caps that came with my 2020 Pilot are plastic but simulate being aluminum, and have a “N2” logo (the dealer filled them with Nitrogen, which honestly I don’t care about. Next time “regular air” will be). Looking to replace the caps just for the sake of getting rid of that N2 logo.

I believe the metal caps are not recommended due to corrosion (and the last thing I want is to worry about applying lubricant when I check the tire pressure). Does this mean the best alternative is to use the typical 30-pack of regular plastic caps that can be found anywhere for like $5?

Thank you!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Ours just has regular old plastic caps.... the tire place always seems to install new ones when we get tires and they have to replace the TPMS sensors seals.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Don't fall for the metal caps trap which look awesome but the corrosion is no joke! Even with pliers I couldn't get that corroded aluminum cap off the valve stem. I stopped trying to twist with pliers when the valve stem started to twist and rip. Save them for the kids bike LOL

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
usually when they fill them with Nitrogen they are supposed to be replaced with a green cap this tells the tire guy that these are not filled with regular air.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
usually when they fill them with Nitrogen they are supposed to be replaced with a green cap this tells the tire guy that these are not filled with regular air.
Does it matter if you fill them up with regular air? Because at some point I’ll have to do it for sure (I check tire pressure every 4-8 weeks).

·
Registered
603 Posts
Does it matter if you fill them up with regular air? Because at some point I’ll have to do it for sure (I check tire pressure every 4-8 weeks).
I use a special gas in my tires, it has 78% nitrogen, and blends with anything already in there.

Reactions: bradster and aggrex

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use a special gas in my tires, it has 78% nitrogen, and blends with anything already in there.
That’s where I was going... I couldn’t care less about nitrogen, but the car came with that as an extra. The first time I fill the tires I was planning on filling them with your special gas too :)))

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
yes those are cool ..

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I might have to order a set of those.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts