Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
61 - 61 of 61 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
this is why most dealerships have a little display sitting on the countertop when you walk in. it is of a valve covered in carbon build-up. they sell an intake cleaning service to help reduce the build-up but it really needs to be done pro-actively. these same services were offered to me from toyota dealers after I purchased a yaris back in 2010.

deposits will form if the valve never gets hot enough to start self-cleaning, the temp at which new deposits will not form and old deposits actually start burn off. ever use the self cleaning function on your oven in the kitchen or blast your propane grill burners on max and watch all the grease from the previous cooking session almost magically disappear only to leave behind a fine dusty coating.

like others have said, nice long extended highway trips are probably very good at helping extend engine life.
I really want to find an endoscope to checkout my Pilot's valves when I do the upper gaskets this summer
An 07 shouldn't have a problem unless the VCM oil pump is going.

61 - 61 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.