Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question. I have a valet key and an original key which are not recognized by the ignition. I tried reprogramming the original key, which seems to work (locks functions as expected during the process), but the green key icon is still seen. I have two other keys that work, but find it odd that the immobilizer doesn't recognize the original key or the valet key. I recently replaced the battery, but I can't find a way to reset the system. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I have a question. I have a valet key and an original key which are not recognized by the ignition. I tried reprogramming the original key, which seems to work (locks functions as expected during the process), but the green key icon is still seen. I have two other keys that work, but find it odd that the immobilizer doesn't recognize the original key or the valet key. I recently replaced the battery, but I can't find a way to reset the system. Any ideas?
If your car is like mine (year/trim) you can only have two active keys plus the valet. i.e., working immobilizer chips. All three have to be present when you reprogram them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts