Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck vacuuming between the front seats and the console? I noticed that the dealer scratched the finish on the console before I picked it up (plan to get that addressed next time I go in), but now I cannot find anything to reach down there - also I am timid about scratching the console. (I believe that someone called it Death Valley in another thread). I am just trying to keep it clean (albeit, my fiance keeps eating in the car and that's where the majority of the crumbs come from, and he just smirks when I get all irritated).

By the way, I am new to the forum, but not a new owner - I LOVE my Pilot!!! Picked it up on Halloween '02 and it's still in great condition (except for the above issue).

Thanks for your help (I welcome any suggestions)!!!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
That's a good question. I can't seem to get this one stray french fry out of there! The grey painted surfaces on my console are getting pretty scratched up just from daily use, and my Pilot is only one year old.:( The carpet between the door sill and the front seats is also difficult to clean. Very narrow.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Same thing here...

I noticed a couple scratches on the side of the console (passenger side), just about the same location where you click in your seatbelt.

:mad:

Since my starting problem has fixed itself (fingers crossed til next winter) ... this is the only complaint I have about my Pilot. They should have made the material/finish more durable in these areas.

-----------

Regarding the crevace dirt, you can get a thin brush with long brustles to kick that stuff out. Then let your vacuum cleaner do the rest once it is out of its hiding place. I detailed cars while in college and this was a definite life saver.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Re: Same thing here...

rtresco said:
I noticed a couple scratches on the side of the console (passenger side), just about the same location where you click in your seatbelt.

:mad:

Since my starting problem has fixed itself (fingers crossed til next winter) ... this is the only complaint I have about my Pilot. They should have made the material/finish more durable in these areas.

-----------

Regarding the crevace dirt, you can get a thin brush with long brustles to kick that stuff out. Then let your vacuum cleaner do the rest once it is out of its hiding place. I detailed cars while in college and this was a definite life saver.
I agree about the cheap, easily scratched plastic. The side of the door where the seat belt sits when not in use is extremely scratched and dinged from the seatbelt hitting it on the way back. Also I have a couple scratches on the dash on the passengers side from who knows what. I don't think there is any way to get those scratches out. I think the plastic used in the Pilot is just really soft and prone to scratch.:mad:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok - I have found some attachments that work to get the stuff out of the crevasses..... It's for shop vacs - but I think you can get something similar to clean around small electronics.... I got mine at the local hardware store next to the shop vacs! It's made vacuuming a whole lot easier that's for sure and I don't have to worry about scratching the plastic!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Compressed air works great, a blast from behind the seat will blow whatever has fallen between the seats and the console, then you can vacuum up what has come out of that area.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
KirbyPilot said:
...now I cannot find anything to reach down there - also I am timid about scratching the console...
What ever vacuum attachment you end up using, you can always wrap it with blue painter's tape. That should reduce the possibility of leaving a scrape, scratch, or "plastic-on-plastic" mark.

BTW, you'd think someone named "Kirby" would already have all the info on vacuuming...sorry, couldn't resist.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha ha ha... actually, that's my lab's name (he rules the pilot - j/k!)

I will get a picture of the attachments as soon as I get back... I am heading off for a week vacation!!! (much needed)....:4:

·
Registered
234 Posts
All this talk about vacuuming is making me want to vacuum the Pilot... I'm looking to either get a cordless hand vac or one of those car vacs that plug into the car's power outlet. Does anyone have any recommendations or experiences with these things ?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
yolk said:
All this talk about vacuuming is making me want to vacuum the Pilot... I'm looking to either get a cordless hand vac or one of those car vacs that plug into the car's power outlet. Does anyone have any recommendations or experiences with these things ?
The cordless vacs I've owned would only be good for touch-ups and vacuuming the seats. They lack the power to thoroughly clean the carpet or to pick up large debris. You might do okay with a 14.4V model.

Nothing beats a good shop vac. :4:

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts