Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Arizona on Friday, gonna be there at least a month. I wanted to apply a good protectant on since it’s about 110 outside everyday right now. Would wax be enough to protect or would a ceramic coating be better? Does ceramic protect against sun or is it more for scratches and dings? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,767 Posts

This stuff is getting great reviews everywhere and is top of my list right now.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I think that either approach will be helpful, but in either case, the layers are so thin you're unlikely to get a lot of benefit. Parking in the shade whenever you can will be a much bigger lever for what you're looking for.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The turtle wax is getting good reviews. 303 protectant gets good reviews for interior and it's a uv protectant as well. I like the 303 because it's not greasy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The turtle wax is getting good reviews. 303 protectant gets good reviews for interior and it's a uv protectant as well. I like the 303 because it's not greasy
Yeah I use it for all the plastic cladding and interior. The stuff is great

·
Registered
64 Posts
Heading to Arizona on Friday, gonna be there at least a month. I wanted to apply a good protectant on since it’s about 110 outside everyday right now. Would wax be enough to protect or would a ceramic coating be better? Does ceramic protect against sun or is it more for scratches and dings? TIA

For a month a wax or spray sealant will do. If your looking long term ceramic coating is great alternative. But prepping the paint the key to get the most out of it. Most ceramic have UV protection, glossy look, slick feel if prep, and hydrophobic to it. It not PPF so ding and scratches will still happen.Other wise wax or sealant call it a day for a month or so then reply. By the way be out there for a month won’t damage your clear coat.

·
Registered
397 Posts

Ceramic Coatings are Great. They help to protect against scratches.....not dings. I've been using CQuartz for a couple years now. Its easy to apply, anyone can do it and it will last 2-3 years. With that said its all in the prep. It takes me 4-5 hours to do a car.

This stuff is great!!!! https://amzn.to/2UT2H9P

1 - 7 of 7 Posts