Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install an entire new audio system in my 2010 pilot. I plan on installing a four channel amp that will push two 8 inch subs, all new door speakers, and tweeters. I plan on deleting the old subwoofer and stock amp, if there is one, completely and putting subs in a box. I want to keep the stock radio. How can I go about hooking the new amplifier to the stock radio?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Pilot head unit has a separate sub channel. Means all lows are crossed over to it. Your best bet is to use a 4-channel amp for fronts/rears and a separate mono amp for the subs. If you have a factory amp then your audio unit got preamp outputs and most likely it also has a center channel speaker used for Nav and phone. If so you want a five channel amp. (Fronts/rears/center)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. I don’t ever use the phone or navigation voice feature so it’s ok if I lose it. What I need to figure out is how I can run rca cables from amps to stock radio. Is there a wiring harness I need to buy?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also does the center navi speaker normally play music with the rest of the speakers? Or is it specifically used for that and nothing else?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I don't have that system so no idea. Try listening to some music and see if you get sound from center speaker...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts