Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2005 Honda Pilot EXL w/ Nav, and basically found this link featuring step by step of installing factory options available to the Pilot.

So question is, can I technically use MDX parts on the Pilot, such as the backup control module and rear view camera along with fog lights and etc...

Reasoning is that I want to keep the factory system as stock as possible while adding features that'll help my girlfriend drive and park the car. Other reason is to stay under the radar, she would freak out if it ended up being a expensive project.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Appreciate the link! Some of the 2005 accessories are no longer available from Honda but some accessories may be found on ebay. The links can be very useful when modding the Pilot with aftermarket parts that need some minor modifications to make it all work. For example I purchased the Pilot fog light kit from ebay primarily for the plastic fog light covers. The link instructed where+what to cut on the front bumper and how to install the metal braces. I won't follow the complicated electrical hook up and definitely won't be installing the halogen fog lights. I posted a thread on auxiliary switch box for the Pilot which simplifies any 12V powered option.
Looking forward to your build plans: rear camera, etc.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
MDX parts should work just double check the pin outs before installing he harness of any kind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts