Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on how to get this to work with phones made in 2015 or later? I'm baffled by Honda only supporting older phones. I've got a 2012 Camry whose bluetooth works fairly well with modern phones. I have ancient bluetooth headsets that work with modern phones. What's the solution here?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
804 Posts
It works with my iPhone which is the newest one. Not sure what problem you're having. Maybe you could elaborate a little more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a Note 9 and 15 Pilot, and mines also works on the audio, I haven't done many calls, but coming from the dealer day 1 it was good, lately it's been kinda wonky on the phone side, prolly bc I don't know what I'm doing all that well, as in not using the steer wheel controls to answer the calls, it's not second nature to me yet

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Your Owner's Manual details the procedure for setting up the bluetooth link. If you have more than one phone set up for the service and both are in the car, you can open the bluetooth connection setup in the car and force it to use one or the other. IIRC the default is to the last handset paired. I had to redo the pairing sequence to make my phone primary of the two that have been paired. Else the second phone needs bluetooth turned off.

·
Registered
476 Posts
It kinda depends on the phone. The factory audio on my 2013 Pilot worked fine with all our phones - could listen to audio - but my Samsung Galaxy S9+ would not show song info. My wife's LG V30 did show song info. I ended up upgrading the audio cause I wanted Android Auto.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a 2015 Touring and my iPhone 8+ works fine. What does not work is the iPod option. So playing music from your phone has to be either thru the aux or via bluetooth.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
We have a '15 EX-L and our phones are 3 year old iPhones (7S or 8, I don't remember). My wife uses the bluetooth audio streaming all the time. It can be a little finicky if she is on the phone and gets in the car during the transition from phone to bluetooth but otherwise it works fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been having this same problem with my 2015 Touring. The phone will ring and I can make calls but that's it. It won't make any other noise. Waze won't talk to me. I don't get alerts from texts. This started happening with my iPhone 8, and still happening with the iPhone 11 Pro. Honda has not been able to fix the problem. Any suggestions??? I'd hate to have to get a new car just so I can hear my phone ;)

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I'm telling you this stupid Pilot of mines Loves anything Japanese , Korean or what ever . As soon as i Plug my 260Gig Ipod the logo shows up on it ..the boss loves it all the controls in the Pilot works great .. Iphone 7+ , 6+ 11 works great in the Pilot..BUT can I get my @#%&^%^ Samsung device to just stay connected ? hell no ..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts