Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FWIW: 2019 Pilot. Earlier may be the same. If this helps someone, good.
Sansa USB flash drives DO NOT work in the radio.
Learned through much process and experimenting.
PNY Flash drives DO WORK just fine. Sansa explanation is; we did not test our drives in car radios.
So, when you want to transfer your cd's to a USB Flash drive, get a PNY drive. Hope this helps someone.
And if you need a transfer app., get "Ashampoo.com". It is a free app and is really easy to copy cd's to the flash on a PC.
Fred

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Good info. Thanks for posting.

Just a word of warning regarding PNY from recent personal experience. They don't like to honor their warranty if you didn't purchase from an "authorized" seller, so be wary of purchasing on eBay and some other places online. Amazon is fine (as long as Amazon is the seller).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Does the cover art show on your radio screen when you are using the flash drive in the car? Mine does not using either the USB port or the copied music to the "My Honda Music" app in the radio. Trying to figure out how to get the art work to copy to the USB and show in the car. It shows when using it on the computer at home so must be some type of copy setting?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have been using SanDisk, USB 2.0 flash drives, of various capacities in both my Hondas with no issues. However, I have not seen anyone who claims the artwork is displayed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does the cover art show on your radio screen when you are using the flash drive in the car? Mine does not using either the USB port or the copied music to the "My Honda Music" app in the radio. Trying to figure out how to get the art work to copy to the USB and show in the car. It shows when using it on the computer at home so must be some type of copy setting?
Have you verified that the cover art is embedded into the individual mp3 file(s)? If not, it typically won't copy over when transferring your mp3 music files to your flashdrive. I use the freeware 'Mp3Tag' editor app on my PC to ensure my entire music library files have album art embedded., so whether transferred to my cell phone or a flashdrive, the art shows up. (Note: Adding album art and additional meta tag data to your mp3's will increase their file size, so just be aware)
Also, my experience is based on 2019 EX-L w/o nav. My flashdrive is a Kingston 32GB DataTraveler USB 3.0 drive, if that helps, but I have loaded files to "My Honda Music" for local storage and use cell ph for majority of music/audio via Android Auto (running Pixel 3a, OS Pie/10)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts