Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a USB stick with our kid movies we had moved from DVD. It's great because we have 15 movies without having to deal with discs. The problem is everytime you turn the car off, the movie starts from the beginning. When I try to fast forward, the whole rear entertainment app crashes. I tried 2 different sticks with the same results. Anyone have luck fast forwarding with a USB stick. If so what stick are you using?

·
Registered
415 Posts
i didnt know we can put a bunch of movies on a usb stick and play it. how do you do that? is this with the 2019 system or 2016-2018? is this with stock infotainment or did you install hondahack or other tweaks

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a USB stick with our kid movies we had moved from DVD. It's great because we have 15 movies without having to deal with discs. The problem is everytime you turn the car off, the movie starts from the beginning. When I try to fast forward, the whole rear entertainment app crashes. I tried 2 different sticks with the same results. Anyone have luck fast forwarding with a USB stick. If so what stick are you using?
Tried this on my 2019 Pilot, using a Sandisk, USB 2.0 & if I press & hold the fast forward button it does fast forward just fine, albeit a little slow. I'm afraid it is the nature of the beast, as there are no chapters on a mp4 file. Tried on my home computer & if I pause the movie, then put the computer in sleep mode, the movie will start playing where left off when I come out of sleep mode. Naturally, if I shut the computer down, the mp4 file needs to start from the beginning. It would then appear that if there was a way to keep power to the infotainment system when the engine is off, that would resolve this issue. However, I am not aware of any way to turn the engine off while remaining in accessory mode. There seems to be more issues with USB drives for those using USB 3.0 drives.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue with movies freezing when fast forwarding. I will see if I can get a hold of a usb 2.0 and see if that works based on Aviator6's experience.

There was a recent update to our software that was released to 19 pilot owners a few days ago too, i haven't checked to see if the fast forwarding issue was solved with that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the same issue with movies freezing when fast forwarding. I will see if I can get a hold of a usb 2.0 and see if that works based on Aviator6's experience.

There was a recent update to our software that was released to 19 pilot owners a few days ago too, i haven't checked to see if the fast forwarding issue was solved with that.
I have the most recent software, tried a SanDisk 2.0 16gb card and had the same results. ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts