Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My phone (pixel 3) keeps getting disconnected from android auto cable on pilot 2020. It might be that the usb cable is bad or maybe the phone. But I want to know if you guys use any sort of harness to keep your phone from moving all over the place as your driving? Even if I get a new cable, I don't feel like the phone stays steady enough to keep it from happening again.

I also need to read about the usb double that lets you use android auto wirelessly. Or is ther a wireless charging pad that does it?

·
Registered
813 Posts
My phone (pixel 3) keeps getting disconnected from android auto cable on pilot 2020. It might be that the usb cable is bad or maybe the phone. But I want to know if you guys use any sort of harness to keep your phone from moving all over the place as your driving? Even if I get a new cable, I don't feel like the phone stays steady enough to keep it from happening again.

I also need to read about the usb double that lets you use android auto wirelessly. Or is ther a wireless charging pad that does it?
Is the cable physically disconnecting or does the screen say that even though it's plugged in? Most probably a new charger will fix this problem. What charger are you using? Does your phone move so much that it disconnects from the port? Maybe if you get a grippy cover on your phone it should be fixed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the cable physically disconnecting or does the screen say that even though it's plugged in? Most probably a new charger will fix this problem. What charger are you using? Does your phone move so much that it disconnects from the port? Maybe if you get a grippy cover on your phone it should be fixed.
I have to reposition the cabel until it connects. Or I can hold the phone in my hand and it won't disconnect if I keep a steady hand.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have to reposition the cabel until it connects. Or I can hold the phone in my hand and it won't disconnect if I keep a steady hand.
Yep those point to the cable being bad. Are you using an original cable or a third party one? Usually original cables work the best with android auto and other accessories.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.