Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by a audio dealer that this is the latest way to go on an aftermarket cd changer. Plugs right in with no additional connectors or wiring harness needed. Has anyone heard of this company?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I believed most of the places that do aftermarket audio do have a special connector, but I don't think they do have for the Pilot, yet; because it is too new.
The old way they used to cut your wiring, now they have a connector interface with your car to a stereo, etc, in my accord I have a sony mp3 player, all I need to is a connector to interface with sony, so when I sale my car I can always put an old stereo back in and keep my mp3 player.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
4603pba said:
I was told by a audio dealer that this is the latest way to go on an aftermarket cd changer. Plugs right in with no additional connectors or wiring harness needed. Has anyone heard of this company?
Here's one for $ 249.50 that I found just browsing.

It should install & work exactly like the OEM Honda Changer...just cheaper. You always pay extra for the "Badge".

One thing that I don't understand though, it says that it will not work withe the RES or NAVI. If it plugs in to the 14-pin Changer port of the Head unit like the OEM unit does, it should work with the RES & NAV.

I would also check frequently on eBay. There are always good deals on Honda changers. Just make sure that it is a "14-pin" changer.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: USA Spec

SteveLuman said:

Here's one for $ 249.50 that I found just browsing.

It should install & work exactly like the OEM Honda Changer...just cheaper. You always pay extra for the "Badge".

One thing that I don't understand though, it says that it will not work withe the RES or NAVI. If it plugs in to the 14-pin Changer port of the Head unit like the OEM unit does, it should work with the RES & NAV.

I would also check frequently on eBay. There are always good deals on Honda changers. Just make sure that it is a "14-pin" changer.
thanks I guess I have one on order. It will be $350 installed. I have to pay tax but no shipping. Also I am not to confident in my ability to get into the dash and get it back with no damage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts