Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully installed one these units behind the radio? My Pilot has the XM receiver in the rear of the vehicle and the instructions say to install directly at the receiver. However, I do not want to run cables from hither and yon in the car so I tried the installation behind the radio. So far everything works except that the XM sound and streaming sound are superimposed. Checking the instruction book, the DIP switch settings are identical for both installations. Could that be an error? Has anyone tried this installation with an XM tuner and have it work?

Since I don't have an XM subscription, would it work if I just left the XM receiver out of the loop (i.e., leave it disconnected)?

TIA.

Pete

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. That video shows how to connect at the XM tuner.

However, I think I can declare victory. I removed the radio and removed the XM connection from the system and it works great. But there is a catch...the screen functions do not work. The backup camera works and displays, but the screen buttons do not work. Which is fine - I guess - since we use phones for navigation now. Going to be a pain to try and adjust the clock for DST.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Victory!

A search of the Service Manual (I keep forgetting i have it) shows that XM receiver is part of the GA bus - a communication interface between the Navi screen and the audio system. The bus is configured in a daisy-chain arrangement so that if there is an open/short condition, it all stops working. Therefore, I need to maintain the system connection to the head unit.

To solve the problem audio super-positioning issue, I just cut the XM receiver channel inputs on the harness supplied by USA Spec. This keeps the XM tuner in the loop and restored the NAVI screen functionality.

Probably just voided the warranty on the BT45, but I'm calling it a win...

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts