Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am waiting for my SS Pilot EX-L RES to arrive on a flatbed truck. My deal with the dealer is to have it here by 6PM and no later than 7:30 PM. I wanted this due to the checklist recommendation of inspecting the vehicle during the daylight. I told the dealer this is very important and to reschedule it if they can not meet the time.

The driver called and he said he is at the state-line which is 70 miles away. I am guessing he will be here at around 8:00 PM. Should I tell the dealer & the driver to return tomorrow morning if it is dark when they arrive?

Please please respond!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just talk to my salesman, he agreed with me regarding cancelling the inspection tonight and having the driver come back tomorrow morning. He will try to get a hold of the driver. If the driver is not willing to stay overnight for morning inspection then he will have him truck it back to the dealership and try again.

It's 7:10 PM and still a little bit bright, I really hope he makes it on time.

URGG F*&$%$&%R*k ........ you know the feeling everyone.:3: :19:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Are they bringing it to your house or to the dealership?

Has it been "prepped" yet?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are bringing it to my house and it has been prep up.

Comment or suggestions anyone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dude,
It's just a car. Tell him you'll pick it up the following day. RELAX!!!!! Breath in....hold it....very good.....exhale now again..............

·
Registered
919 Posts
If it were me I would go ahead and take delivery. Anything that is major (big scratches, etc.) should still be visible at 8:00. Anything small is probably not worth refusing delivery for. My guess is that it would be more of a pain to work through the dealer you bought it from to get them taken care of. It would probably be easier to drop it off at a local dealer (you need to meet the local guys eventually, why not now). I'm also of the opinion that most of the things that peole are noticing here won't be picked up on until you start driving it anyway. The choice is obviously yours, but you've been through enough waiting already and I'm tired of seeing your title as "future SS Pilot owner." ;)

Chris

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude, the car is being truck in 300 miles away........they are delivering it to my house. The dealership is in California and I am in Las Vegas. So if something is wrong....... might be difficult to get it fixed.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'd hook up a nice bright light and go outside and inspect it with the light. I wouldn't let him leave with my baby.

I would write on the manifest something to the effect of, "Unable to perform effective daytime visual inspection. Inspection to be performed within 24-hours."

Then tomorrow, go outside and carefully examine her.

If the dealer has a problem with it, there are always courts to remedy the situation.

I would not let him leave with my Pilot though.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like I am over reacting.........I bet I will just melt and sign the dotted line when I see the vehicle.........I am not worthy........I am weak! Yikes! OK inhale..........exhale..........inhale........exhale.

·
Registered
698 Posts
300 MILES? The driver is going to have to spend the night anyway - I can't see him refusing you.

·
Registered
698 Posts
vegasdude said:
Looks like I am over reacting.........I bet I will just melt and sign the dotted line when I see the vehicle.........I am not worthy........I am weak! Yikes! OK inhale..........exhale..........inhale........exhale.

Yeah, sure ... you're going to refuse it. (laughing) I can see that.

And then 10 minutes after the truck leaves, I can see you gunning it down the eWay, waving your arms and screaming, "NO. WAIT. I CHANGED MY MIND..."

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
copperpoppy, you are way too funny. Thanks for the advise and addendum info. My wife just said, I am being paranoid.

OK looks like I have to do some work and get the spot lights ready.

Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Again, it's your decision and you have to do what you are comfortable with. As I said, I would take delivery but then again I've never had a car have issues on delivery. Someone else who hasn't had good luck in the past might tell you a different story.

I must admit that I'm betting sometime in the next two hours you'll be sitting in that back seat with a movie in and a $hit eatin' grin on your face. :D

Chris

·
Registered
698 Posts
vegasdude said:
Thanks for the advise and addendum info. My wife just said, I am being paranoid.
Just remember ... only the paranoid survive.(G)

Any signs of the truck yet?

·
Registered
919 Posts
copperpoppy said:

Just remember ... only the paranoid survive.(G)

Any signs of the truck yet?

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you!

·
Registered
698 Posts
(laughing) Ain't it the truth.

Boy, that poor guy is going to throw a rod. :)

I don't see he has posted anything in the last couple minutes so I suspect the truck is in his driveway and he is dancing around like a 4-year-old who has to go pee-pee. :)

I know I would be.

Wonder if he'll get back with us...

·
Registered
919 Posts
I'm sure he'll drop us a line once he gets back from a quick test drive....to New Mexico! LOL

Chris

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NO sign of the truck yet. Talked to the salesman though, as usual he promise to take care of it with the local dealer if there is something wrong. The addendum won't work, he said, he said something about needing a signature before I can even change the contract.

The saga continues........... will keep you posted.

·
Registered
698 Posts
The truck isn't there yet? Oh man...

I would sign the paperwork, of course, but, I don't care what the dealer says, I would still write something on the manifest if it wasn't inspected to my satisfaction. A verbal contract or promise isn't worth the paper it is written on.

·
Registered
698 Posts
xyzzy said:
I'm sure he'll drop us a line once he gets back from a quick test drive....to New Mexico! LOL
WELLLLLLLLLL, it looks like our "Vegasdude" must've signed for his Pilot. Wonder where he is now... :2:

Prolly sitting in the second row seats watching "The Matrix" on DVD, huh?

Wishing I'd taken the red pill...
copperpoppy

1 - 20 of 48 Posts