Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L that is originally without Bluetooth but already has the speakers built into the ceiling ... is it possible to simply change out the radio with another Honda OEM unit that has the Bluetooth along with the unit above it that has the full screen along with the backup camera? (backup camera on mine is on the rear view mirror). I used to have a 2012 Pilot EX-L that has those features where you could also add wallpaper photos as well.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I recently bought a 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L that is originally without Bluetooth but already has the speakers built into the ceiling ... is it possible to simply change out the radio with another Honda OEM unit that has the Bluetooth along with the unit above it that has the full screen along with the backup camera? (backup camera on mine is on the rear view mirror). I used to have a 2012 Pilot EX-L that has those features where you could also add wallpaper photos as well.
My Ex-L has bluetooth are you sure your not just simply not finding it on the menu ? It sounds like someone installed an aftermarket unit in since there is NO OEM HONDA installs that has the camera using the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
My Ex-L has bluetooth are you sure your not just simply not finding it on the menu ? It sounds like someone installed an aftermarket unit in since there is NO OEM HONDA installs that has the camera using the rear view mirror.
My 2012 Honda Crosstour has the back up camera display in the rear view mirror (I think this is what he means). If you added navigation, then the screen was in center console.
Yes, my 2012 Honda with no navigation has Bluetooth for hands free phone calls. It does not work for playing music from my phones playlist. I have to use a cable and AUX function.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,409 Posts
OP has a 2011 which only came with bluetooth in the touring model (I think). They did have back up cameras in the rearview mirror.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
OP has a 2011 which only came with bluetooth in the touring model (I think). They did have back up cameras in the rearview mirror.
You sure bout that ? my 2015 Ex-L has the camera in the center console .. i never saw any 2nd gen pilot have the camera in the rear view mirror .

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
You sure bout that ? my 2015 Ex-L has the camera in the center console .. i never saw any 2nd gen pilot have the camera in the rear view mirror .
I'm somewhat sure the last Pilots that had Key start had the option of Nav or no Nav. No Nav had backup camera in the mirror. I'm not 100% positive for the Pilot, but I am 100% positive that this is the case on the Accord and Crosstour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts