Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Installed a pair of Bilstein B6s (24-268929) on the rear of our '13 EX-L last night. Paid $83ea from Summit Racing. Free shipping and received in 3 days (south Louisiana). Took about 45min in the driveway because, luckily, I did not have to contend with rusted or corroded bolts. The Honda OEM shock was shot on the driver side. The OEM shock on passenger side was ok, but you're supposed to replace in pairs. Honestly, I bought the B6 has just for the blue and yellow Bilstein color. Drove for 20 minutes last night and could immediately tell a difference. Wife is as excited as I am.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Installed a pair of Bilstein B6s (24-268929) on the rear of our '13 EX-L last night. Paid $83ea from Summit Racing. Free shipping and received in 3 days (south Louisiana). Took about 45min in the driveway because, luckily, I did not have to contend with rusted or corroded bolts. The Honda OEM shock was shot on the driver side. The OEM shock on passenger side was ok, but you're supposed to replace in pairs. Honestly, I bought the B6 has just for the blue and yellow Bilstein color. Drove for 20 minutes last night and could immediately tell a difference. Wife is as excited as I am.
Does it feel stiffer and more in ctrl?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How does it feel at freeway speed? Does it make the SUV too bumpy and jittery or is it still compliant and smooth?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been able to drive it over the past days across well known bumpy areas on the interstate and our 23mi long causeway. It's def a marked improvement. I would say its firm, but not uncomfortable. The rear B6's feel very responsive. Our rides are much 'less eventful'👍 I'm very glad we spent the extra $60 on the Bilstein pair (over KBY's or Monroes). I feel on our pothole and bump filled roads these 'heavier duty' shocks will hold up over time. Though I do think they are tuned somewhat specifically for each vehicle.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I ordered a set of rear B6's from Tire Rack and am looking forward to getting them installed and enjoying the better ride. The Monroe OESpectrum I installed a year ago were a complete waste of money and my install time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just installed B6's front and rear. Night and day from oem and it feels great! I prefer a stiffer ride and this gives me that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts