Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new here so if this topic has been covered here please let me know. All threads I have come across are speaker upgrades to EX/EXL. My understanding is the Touring/Elite have a higher power amp so I would want to get appropriately spec'd aftermarket speakers & tweeters.

Another curve ball is the another sticky thread specifies the impedance on the touring tweeters to be 4ohms. I removed an A pillar and the back of the tweeter reads 2ohms (Pic will be added). That makes me wonder is Honda changed the audio setup on 2019s.

That said, I would like to spend too much on the speaker upgrade. Its a road-trip car and not my daily driver. I would like to upgrade the tweeters, front doors and may be the rear doors if components chosen are not to pricey. Also wondering if I should upgrade the center channel. It appears to participate rather passionately in any activity the sound-system partakes.

Anyone having a good recommendation on component speakers which are a good bang for the buck will help. Also, any specific info regarding 2019 touring/elite speakers will be helpful.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So Far I am leaning towards Component speakers in the front doors and locating their tweeters to A pillars with a passive hi-pass filter inline with wired already going to oem tweeters.
For rear doors, I can get decent coaxial (or should I put components) from the same manufacturer/series.

I am inclined towards upgrading the center 3.5" speaker ideally with a band-pass for clear vocals.

I will add sound deadening where I can while the panels are open. Also plan on using metra speaker harnesses and speaker brackets.

I would not want to upgrade the factory amp or subwoofer.

If someone knows of a good set of components/coaxial that will match up to the what honda says is a 590W factory AMP, please chime in.

As of now I am looking at Polk Audio DB6502 OR Infinity Kappa 60.11CS for components.

Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not sure whether you've watched this YouTube
He installed the Infinity Kappa 60.11CS with the inline Crossover form JBL GTO19T tweeter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts