Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Well, I decided to upgrade the spare tire with one original sized one. I was able to find a refurbished rim, that looks and feels new, for $142.00 on eBay and just found a brand new Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport AS - 245/60R18 105H tire for $159.00 so out the door for the whole tire was $301.00. I was told that Costco does install tires bought somewhere else it on the cheap with the TPS and all for about $15.00 dollars. No road hazard warranty tho. I think it was a good deal. I have never trusted this doughnuts spare tires specially on a SUV with capacity tow. I was told that the original size tire will be in the spare well perfectly.:nerd::18::7:

·
account deleted by request
38 Posts
Hi,

Well, I decided to upgrade the spare tire with one original sized one. I was able to find a refurbished rim, that looks and feels new, for $142.00 on eBay and just found a brand new Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport AS - 245/60R18 105H tire for $159.00 so out the door for the whole tire was $301.00. I was told that Costco does install tires bought somewhere else it on the cheap with the TPS and all for about $15.00 dollars. No road hazard warranty tho. I think it was a good deal. I have never trusted this doughnuts spare tires specially on a SUV with capacity tow. I was told that the original size tire will be in the spare well perfectly.
Nice...I got mine(touring) not too long ago and came with a sensor for $130 shipped. I'm patiently searching for the tire. I'm not sure if I should just get a different tire instead of the conti oem ones.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does a full size tire fit under the Pilot in place of the donut? Especially if you have a hitch receiver? I would be interested in this as well, but there doesn't seem like enough space for a 20" rim and tire under there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a Curt trailer hitch installed and it was stated on the reviews that a full size tire would not fit in the spare well. I’ve not tried to fit a full size down there but after installing it, it looks fairly tight so I don’t believe a full-size would fit. Other hitches may have a different design to fit.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
It's my understanding it fits with a Honda hitch, but not aftermarket...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just a question if you haven't tried it. What happens if you get a flat tire with aftermarket hitch? Manual says to put the full size there on winch until repair? You might want to try on a dry sunny day so you know if you need to toss it in the back with all your other stuff if you get a flat.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Most likely manual applies to OEM hitches and tire sizes. In that case, a full size spare does fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts