Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So she may be mad if I do this but she will thank me later when the Pilot actually goes when you push the gas. I am looking for a turbo or supercharger kit and a reputable place in the PA or MD area to do the work.

Her Pilot drives me nuts because it’s so slow, doesn’t handle and brakes suck. I drive an Audi S4 that I put about 40k of work into. It’s fun and love that car. I get in wife’s Pilot—push peddle to floor and nothing happens. I don’t mind putting 15-20k into her Pilot without telling her. She will either be mad and make me buy her another one or enjoy it. If she is mad I don’t mind buying her a new one. Atleast her own one will be able to be fun.

Looking for supercharger or turbo kit. Probably supercharger because it will be easier for cooling than turbo kit. Engine will need built for boost I’m sure. Transmission will need to be able to hold power. Suspension will need coil overs, front/rear sway bars and adjustable control arms. Also will need rear brakes on it. I have brembo big brake kit on my S4 but I can’t seem to find anything for her 2015 Pilot. Obviously will need exhaust and cat deletes too.

I know Honda rivers do these things. Well generally go the cheap route in doing them and end up with completely unreliable cars. Where can I find this type of stuff for the Pilot and where are shops on east coast that specialize in this stuff for this vehicle. Obviously I can’t take her Pilot to APR to get fixed up. Where can I start a search to get this done?

Requirements
1. Get 0-60 in atleast 4 seconds
2. Get biggest brake kit I can fit on there
3. Engine build that is reliable
4. Transmission that can handle build
5. Magnetic ride coil overs if possible like KW makes for Audi

Any suggestions please let me know

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Buy her an Audi ..most of the forums i'm sure you have looked over there really is not much that you can do with the Pilot..mostly eye candy upgrades ... Some here have turned them into overlanders ..but for speed ? this i wait to see

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,957 Posts
Sell Pilot.
Purchase Jeep Cherokee Trackhawk.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
No I like this... that's a pretty generous budget...

Call the folks over at RV6 Performance and send your Pilot to them with the back filled with cash...

I'd like twin (sequential) turbos, fully built trans, t case and rear diff... maybe bring it down 1.5-2" with wider tires pushed out to the edge of the opening... Nice exhaust...

GO FOR IT!!!

RV6 Performance > About RV6 Performance

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
spending 40k on upgrades ? something is wrong here

·
Registered
2,551 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Park your car & keys outside your local High School auto-shop classroom..... maybe those testosterone filled teens can play with the engine to fill your HP needs

·
Registered
853 Posts
It's not impossible but it'll definitely cost you.

600 hp Pilot

You would definitely need to go to a custom shop.
Okay so it that running the OE AT? The title says 600hp, but he says 300hp at the wheel during the drive. More info is needed!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
In my limited experience with such things, if you want a faster car, buy one. A car that is/was "fast" from the factory includes the brakes suspension and other safety systems that are needed with the horsepower. As you note, the brakes and the rest of the driveline are not up to the demands that more engine power will place on them.

Porsche PCA newsletter this morning had a list of reviews for the new Cayenne 4-door Coupe. Semantics of "coupe" and "4-door" aside, the S version stickers for about $88k, and has some impressive performance numbers like a mid 170's top speed. With PASM and PCCB brakes, I'll speculate that it would give an unmodified Audi S4 a bit of a run. Cayenne available as either 4- or 5-seater at no extra cost. If you want a taller box that will get the kids to school a bit quicker than a Pilot, this one might be worth a look.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Every time I think someone is going to discover that the author of this thread was trolling the community, someone provides a hard thought out recommendation...lol. It was just another clever way of reminding us that the Pilot is a soccer mum's SUV...rofl

·
Registered
51 Posts
I still can't tell if OP was serious or just bragging about how much cash he has to blow on car stuff. $40k in upgrades to an S4 (likely $50k+ to start with), willing to drop $15-20k on this Pilot, and if unhappy with the upgrades, will just go buy her a new car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
OP is that kid who’s “dad worked at Nintendo” and who has a real hover board but can’t show because his uncle will get fired from DARPA.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts