Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda Pilot
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some upgrades y’all have made to your 1st Gen? Just bought mine couple weeks ago she still has a bunch of life in her and would like to know some custom or just regular upgrades people have done to their Pilot that they love and are happy they did them. Also tell me the ones that didn’t make a difference or were a waste or you just didn’t like it for whatever reason. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
10 Posts

I got some Thule roof racks cause I like the look so much. It’s kind of a waste for me since I never put anything on there. It’s surprisingly quiet on the Pilot.
I’m still trying to hunt down an AVS bug deflector but nowhere sells them here in Toronto.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,032 Posts
Tinted rear passenger and tailgate windows (not standard on the LX) and upgrading the factory stereo.

When the kids were younger we also got the rear cargo area protector which was really useful.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase.

I would recommend making sure all mechanicals are in order before putting money into accessories.

Reactions: CaptainAsYourPilot

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
View attachment 138963
I got some Thule roof racks cause I like the look so much. It’s kind of a waste for me since I never put anything on there. It’s surprisingly quiet on the Pilot.
I’m still trying to hunt down an AVS bug deflector but nowhere sells them here in Toronto.
If Amazon ships up north they certainly have the forum approved AVS products. Can you share a better pic of the Thule roof racks?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Check out Busabos77's 2006 EXL build thread: Busabos77's 2006 EXL build thread

Just kidding, but, La Grande, OR: "y'all"? Really? Transplanted? I'm in VA and reserve that phrase for the Yankee friends in NY.
They's expecting hillbilly talk.
That's that southern slang bull shit ..not a NY thing .. :)

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
What are some upgrades y’all have made to your 1st Gen? Just bought mine couple weeks ago she still has a bunch of life in her and would like to know some custom or just regular upgrades people have done to their Pilot that they love and are happy they did them. Also tell me the ones that didn’t make a difference or were a waste or you just didn’t like it for whatever reason. Thanks guys!
Lift kit , over sized tires , front bumper upgrade , new stereo system, roof rack , list goes on....

Reactions: Cousin Itt

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,748 Posts
Safety and maintenance items first.

But then, go wild. How about sleek and practical AVS window ventshades and exquisitely sculpted AVS Bugflector II hood deflector? And chrome door handle and side mirror covers?

And then better light refraction performing yellow fog lights?

And inside: Add Bluetooth to your sound system to get hands-free calls, music and Waze/Google Maps from your cellphone.

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
Have you found that you can see better in inclement weather with yellow fog lights versus white fog lights?
Yes. It may be subjective, but feel it's easier on the eyes with less glareback (to coin a word) in fog.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
What's with the two different set of hub caps ? you couldn't find all four in Crappy tire ?

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
314 Posts
Yes. It may be subjective, but feel it's easier on the eyes with less glareback (to coin a word) in fog.
This is the reason most headlights are 4300 Kelvin. 5k+ will give you more lux per watt, at the cost of glare in fog/rain.

Also back in the days we relied more on our eye's "night vision". New headlights, signs, and lightpoles are so bright, we don't utilize that "night vision" much anymore unless on country roads (provided you don't have super bright headlights or interior/dash lights affecting it).

·
Registered
539 Posts
The upgrades I still appreciate a lot after two years were the simplest ones: LED interior lights with a lot more output than stock (superbrightleds.com), and an inverter in the center console with both 120 and USB power.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
The upgrades I still appreciate a lot after two years were the simplest ones: LED interior lights with a lot more output than stock (superbrightleds.com), and an inverter in the center console with both 120 and USB power.
yes those are awesome upgrades

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
What's with the two different set of hub caps ? you couldn't find all four in Crappy tire ?
Summer = Michelin LTX M/S2s mounted on OEM alloys
Winter = Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 SUV 235/70 R 16 106 Rs mounted on steelies with hubcaps

Remember winter?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts