Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a 2013 Pilot EX-L with Navigation - 7 speakers. I finally decided to upgrade the stock speakers. I bought Kenwood KFC-P71: Kenwood KFC-P710PS Performance Series 6-1/2" component speaker system at Crutchfield.com

I replaced the front door speakers and rear door speakers with the 6.5" Kenwoods, and those sound great... a substantial upgrade from the stock.

But then I used the tweeters that are included in the set and replaced the dash speakers with those. Now my system overall sounds worse. The highs are incredibly loud and the tweeters basically drown out the rest of the speakers. For it to be even bearable to listen to, I had to shift the fader back almost 80% as that's really the only way to "turn the tweeters down." What am I missing here? I've read plenty of similar types of replacements and everyone says everything sounds phenomenal after the upgrade?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have resolved the issue by using the passive crossover wires that are included with the Kenwood speakers. I originally connected the factory tweeter wires directly to the new tweeters, but per my original post, no bueno. By connecting the tweeters instead to the Kenwood woofers, everything sounds good now.

·
Registered
127 Posts
That's good!

A couple speakers are going bad in my Pilot, I don't want to change the head unit from factory but I'm thinking about replacing the speakers. Maybe your thread is the sign I need to go for it...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's good!

A couple speakers are going bad in my Pilot, I don't want to change the head unit from factory but I'm thinking about replacing the speakers. Maybe your thread is the sign I need to go for it...
I say go for it! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts