Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, guess I've have to change over to the Honda Passport Forum since I traded in my Pilot for a Passport
The Pilot had 194,300 miles on it and the dealer give my $2000 towards the Passport (I was expecting a littler more, but I just wanted to get a new SUV). The Passport was listed at $44,900 and I got it for $41,250 with some extra's thrown in. So far very happy with it.

Registered
Well, guess I've have to change over to the Honda Passport Forum since I traded in my Pilot for a Passport
The Pilot had 194,300 miles on it and the dealer give my $2000 towards the Passport (I was expecting a littler more, but I just wanted to get a new SUV). The Passport was listed at $44,900 and I got it for $41,250 with some extra's thrown in. So far very happy with it.
View attachment 139060
Your in the Passport forum too. 馃槃

Registered
I wouldn't be driving much in the sand with those tires .. :D

Registered
I wouldn't be driving much in the sand with those tires .. :D
They couldn't be in to deep of sand along the bay there. Nice photo of the Fred Hartman bridge in the background.

Registered
Reactions: Nail Grease

Registered
View attachment 139060

Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
View attachment 139060
Enjoy the new Passport. I was in the same boat as you a few months ago. I traded in a 2013 Honda Pilot Touring for a 2020 Honda Passport Touring and love it. Don't worry about being in the Pilot Forum, there is a sub forum here for the Passport and the Passport is really just the Pilots little brother, albeit the sexier one. Plus this forum, has much more substance to it. I have been on the other Passport forum and most of the posts are fluff about various cosmetic things, or if wishes were fishes kind of stuff.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually, that's the SunShine Skyway Bridge (Tampabay).

Registered
Now if we can "find" away to import the off road package that the passport offers over to the gen 2 series .. that would be cool

Super Moderator
Now if we can "find" away to import the off road package that the passport offers over to the gen 2 series .. that would be cool
I can tell you how to import the off road package that is offered for the Passport. BUY A PASSPORT!!! Then you would be one of cool kids on the block. :LOL:

Registered
I can tell you how to import the off road package that is offered for the Passport. BUY A PASSPORT!!! Then you would be one of cool kids on the block. :LOL:
Its illegal to buy a passport. Can receive much jail time.

Registered

Registered
For 0.1" extra ground clearance? From my brief research, the 2nd gen Pilot has 8.0" and the Passport has 8.1" ground clearance...

Looks can be deceiving, the Passport has the lifted look but did not get the true ground clearance upgrades...

Heck, look at the exhaust routing around the rear diff on the 2ng gen... the only other vehicle I've seen with exhaust routing like that on an IRS is some Land Rover models. Honda put some genuine thought into making the 2nd gen capable of going on light trails, crawling around underneath of it makes this clear.

Super Moderator
Ahh but it's easy to find a lift kit for the Passport. JSport makes the Honda marketed version and there are plenty of others out there. The more important aspect however is"... with a 21.4-degree approach angle, 17.3-degree breakover angle, and 27.6-degree departure angle on the AWD model, and Honda pegs the Passport as its most rugged light truck, surpassing even the Ridgeline." Autoblog

The 2nd Gen Pilot has a 24 degree approach angle and a 22 degree departure angle while the 3rd Gen Pilot has an approach angle of 19.7 and departure angle of 20.8 degrees. Didn't find the break over angle for either. Plus neither the 2nd gen nor the 3rd gen had the more ruggedized suspension of the upper tier Passports.

Registered
Ahh but it's easy to find a lift kit for the Passport. JSport makes the Honda marketed version and there are plenty of others out there. The more important aspect however is"... with a 21.4-degree approach angle, 17.3-degree breakover angle, and 27.6-degree departure angle on the AWD model, and Honda pegs the Passport as its most rugged light truck, surpassing even the Ridgeline." Autoblog

The 2nd Gen Pilot has a 24 degree approach angle and a 22 degree departure angle while the 3rd Gen Pilot has an approach angle of 19.7 and departure angle of 20.8 degrees. Didn't find the break over angle for either. Plus neither the 2nd gen nor the 3rd gen had the more ruggedized suspension of the upper tier Passports.
More ruggedized how exactly? I doubt the travel is any more than the standard Pilot or ridgeline suspension and the lift is probably not much more than a preload/spacer style lift or slightly stiffer springs. I'm not saying it doesn't look good and those serve a useful function, just that the parts are very similar to the stock parts, not upgraded like reservoir shocks or hydraulic bump stops or long travel control arms.

Super Moderator
For one thing you 2015 has rear spring suspension, the 2020 Passport has 4 wheel independent suspension. Better for off road capabilities. If you want to raise your Pilot you can do so with an add a spring kit.

The Passport has different steering and suspension tuning than the Pilot. The suspension components, for the vast majority, are not interchangeable between the two. The Passport was designed purposefully to compete with the likes of the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Chevy Blazer, Ford Edge etc. as an SUV, not one that has that tall minivan vibe that the Pilot does.

Registered
For one thing you 2015 has rear spring suspension, the 2020 Passport has 4 wheel independent suspension. Better for off road capabilities. If you want to raise your Pilot you can do so with an add a spring kit.

The Passport has different steering and suspension tuning than the Pilot. The suspension components, for the vast majority, are not interchangeable between the two. The Passport was designed purposefully to compete with the likes of the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Chevy Blazer, Ford Edge etc. as an SUV, not one that has that tall minivan vibe that the Pilot does.
Alright, I know you love your Passport... I love the look too and wish more of the design vibes would pass on to the Pilot (like the dual exhaust). But let's not kid ourselves, at most you are talking the difference between a regular Silverado and Trail Boss in terms of suspension, not a F150 to a Raptor. Maybe we are arguing the same thing and I just don't see it as a big upgrade like you do, which is no big deal (as long as you admit I'm right! ;) ).

I'm not sure what you are referring to with the rear suspension differences. As far as I know all generations of Pilot (and Ridgeline and Passport) use a strut front suspension (LCA w/ a strut, no double wishbone setup) with a multilink rear suspension (LCA with some lateral links).

I wish Dan Edmunds would grab a Passport to compare with the Ridgeline he did below, I love these articles...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts