Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. I jumped on a sale a few weeks ago from Lightwerkz and bought a set of Diode Dynamics SS3 LED fogs. Output is much higher than the OEM LED units and with some tinkering...fits our bumper fairly well. I opted for the 6k color temp to match the OEM LED headlights. Install time took about an hour or so. I ended up cutting and soldering the harnesses to the factory line...but left enough slack on the factory harness to revert back if need be. One of the plastic nibs had to be trimmed a bit to make the mount sit flush. But so far I really love them! The beam is really wide with little to no glare.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Looks like a perfect beam pattern... I have the Riigid Industries SAE Fog cubes on my Sonata and they are great.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EXL AWD
93 Posts
Thanks for all the information and detailed picture. I too ordered one for my 2019 Pilot EXL and will replace it soon.

Diode Dynamics doesn't have one for the 2016 and up model. OP is using the one for 2012-2015

So instead of clipping the tab, I file the hole on one of the bracket to look like a keyhole.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the information and detailed picture. I too ordered one for my 2019 Pilot EXL and will replace it soon.

Diode Dynamics doesn't have one for the 2016 and up model. OP is using the one for 2012-2015

So instead of clipping the tab, I file the hole on one of the bracket to look like a keyhole.
No problem, glad this post helped you out. Yeah the unit fits the 19s, but it just needed some minor tweaking to make them work. But the performance is much improved over the stock units.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
For those interested in upgrading to LED fog lights, below is what the Morimoto XB LED fog light beam pattern looks like. This is installed on my '15 but the beam pattern is pretty consistent for all XB LED fog lights.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wow, that's a clear and distinct beam. Nice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts