Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my Pilot and have fallen madly in love with it.

My last car was an Infinity QX4. The Pilot is the equal or superior in all aspects except one...The QX4 had a "high end" Bose audio system. The audio in the Pilot is "weak". I love music and this is very important to me.

I have the DVD system with the subwoofer.

Honda does not offer any upgrades.

I am concerned about taking the car to an independent car audio place as the connection between the front and rear audio and the DVD player seem very complex.

I have thought about installing better speakers in the existing speaker housings.

Has anyone had any luck tweaking the audio on a Pilot with the DVD system?

Thanks,

·
Registered
46 Posts
Scott, I too had some concerns with the factory system. The 6 year old Chrysler minivan we traded had a better system.... until I lived with the Pilot for a few weeks. The system has grown on me. I initially thought I would try some aftermarket speakers to improve the quality. There have been a number of posts in the "audio" section with what sounds like more experienced people than me. I came to the conclusion that unless you want to put in amps and new speakers you will not get the results you are looking for. Give the factory system some time and I think you will see what I am talking about. If after that time you want to spend $1500 plus, go for it.

The good news is that this is one of the best systems ever put in a Honda. You already know the bad news...their systems were never very good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts