Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the NAV update DVD to update it, from the 2105 version, I received a disc, put it in the DVD player, and it trys to read it, but then gives a bad disc error message. I called Here (the vendor for the NAV updates) and they sent me out a new disc, but it does the same thing. So, I am assuming it's a Pilot (no pun intended) error. Anyone else had this situation that can point me in the right direction. Oh, I put a normal DVD in the player, and it reads it and plays just fine, so I am thinking it's not the player. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The update DVD goes in the player under the drivers seat. Not the DVD player in the dash.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The update DVD goes in the player under the drivers seat. Not the DVD player in the dash.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]

I just went out to the vehicle and looked, there is no DVD player under either the driver or passenger seat.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
2,578 Posts
I believe that you can go into the settings and reset the system to the factory default. You might want to try that, however if you do all of your radio presets as well as any navigation presets will be gone as well as any music you have stored on the hard driver from CDs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If it's a legit DVD, it ought to work. You did not actually mention where you got it from.
I bought the NAV update DVD to update it, from the 2105 version, I received a disc, put it in the DVD player, and it trys to read it, but then gives a bad disc error message. I called Here (the vendor for the NAV updates) and they sent me out a new disc, but it does the same thing. So, I am assuming it's a Pilot (no pun intended) error. Anyone else had this situation that can point me in the right direction. Oh, I put a normal DVD in the player, and it reads it and plays just fine, so I am thinking it's not the player. Any advice would be appreciated.
The disc goes in the radio CD slot and not the DVD slot.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
2,578 Posts
The disc goes in the radio CD slot and not the DVD slot.
Excellent catch. It's been 9 month since I owned my 2013 Pilot so I no longer have the disks or instructions.

OP you can go here and download the installation instructions for the update.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes it goes in the CD player and is copied to the hard drive. Part of the Hard Drive is partitioned for the Navigation System.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the tip, I had tried that before but no display came up. However, when I hit the INFO button, all of a sudden the window appeared. This was nowhere to be found in the instructions, so clearly just a stroke of luck. Once I found that, the rest of it was self-prompting, and happened pretty easily. Thanks for the reply, I thought it was a DVD so it should go in the DVD player.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The shocking part was how INSANELY long it took for it to complete the update.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The DVD player is strictly attached to the rear entertainment center. The CD player displays on the head unit. The disc is a DVD as it stores a lot more information than a CD.

Yes the update takes hours.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
So you are saying that the CD player is actually a CD/DVD drive? Interesting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts